Upcoming Yellowstone Family Trip

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Know there's some info on the site regarding the park but just wanted to make sure there isn't any unforeseen (recent) issues that are going to be issues that anyone knows about aren't "common knowledge" on the internet. We're planning on getting there right away in June once the kids are out of school. thanks in advance.

Assume you already have all hotels booked. I’m going mid June as well for the umpteenth time, but it’ll be the kids first time.

Mammoth hotel and campground are delayed opening till first week of June (sewage plant reno from last year’s big flood).

I’m hoping that doesn’t get extended because we are staying 2 nights in the Mammoth cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
Double-check the road openings/closures. Lot of snow still in the Park and may or may not be melted out by early June this year. I still have some patches of snow on my place as of this morning.

OP
R

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely have a place booked, think it was the Canyon Lodge & Cabins? Will definitely keep eyes on the road conditions. At this point our plan is to just hit the high points and if there's things we want a better look set it up as a "more time next year" plan.

Yup. That’s a good spot. Super quiet there.

Have fun. Get on the roads early to catch animals out first thing (and avoid all the animal-jams)

Good luck !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Seeing critters is a given. Pm me if you’re a fisherman!
I will only PM if you also have a good divorce attorney... this ones all about he wife and kids who sadly have chosen to not fish over the years 😔

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
I will only PM if you also have a good divorce attorney... this ones all about he wife and kids who sadly have chosen to not fish over the years 😔
L in the chat for my boy Roofer1. Sorry to hear this. Remember, power pro is stronger than love 😁

wytx

WKR
Early season but good time to hit Wyoming and the Park.
Lots of snow will still be around.
Have any time to make a lower route back through and see other parts of the state?
Should be easier to get hotels rooms in June.
High water for fishing perhaps if we get warm weather.

OP
R

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Have any time to make a lower route back through and see other parts of the state?
Think we planned on spending a day or two around Mt. Rushmore on the way back home, but if you've got something better to do I'd be open to suggestions.

wytx

WKR
How old are the kids?
Museum in Laramie on campus is pretty cool, Geological museum.
Saratoga has the hot spring pool, swimming pool too for kids and adults. Neat small town.
Cabin in the Snowy Range if any are open, great hiking and scenery.
Just the drive over the top is beautiful on Highway 130.
Casper has lots of shopping and bigger town.
Laramie has smaller town shopping and good local beers.
Sheridan is a nice town too, walk downtown and go to King Ropes.

Central Wyoming Machine Gun and Cannon shoot South of Casper, full auto rentals to shoot and cannons going off to watch. Exploding targets.

Devils. Tower is very interesting if you take time to walk right up to it and around it.

OP
R

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
that's a heck of a list., thank you for the intel. have 2 girls, 11 and 13. They're at the age where I feel like I'm "losing some influence". Guess that may be why I've pushed for this particular vacation this summer.