Update for suppressor wait times

fatbacks

WKR
Just picked up another one this week. Just under five months for this one. This is been my fastest approval by a long shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sacox31s

FNG
Purchased a Surefire SOCOM 762 in early August and I just got the call to pick it up last week. I also purchased a 9mm can in August but I haven't heard anything. Both were purchased online through silencer shop.

Purchased a Surefire SOCOM 762 in early August and I just got the call to pick it up last week. I also purchased a 9mm can in August but I haven't heard anything. Both were purchased online through silencer shop.
Nice!
I ordered my Banish 30 from Silencer Central about a week after you.
God I'd love a phone call in the next few weeks!

tak

WKR
I had the check cash July 14 in a
form 4 suppressor, still waiting.

I did have an efile form 1 SBR come back in 4.5 weeks this past October.

I'll post and update as things change. I'm anxious, curious to see how long others are taking. The NFA tracker website shows average approval time for a for 4 trust paper is currently 32 days for check to cash, 203 days for approval, and an additional 21 days for stamp in hand (~8.5 months).

The guy at my FFL told me he is averaging around 9 months on form 4's right now, which is pretty close to the NFA times I listed above.

I bought TBAC Ultra 7 Gen2: Form 4 Trust Paper
Submitted background check Form 4- 12-21-2020
Check cashed- 12-31-2020
Approval- Pending
In Hand- Pending

OP
pirogue

pirogue

WKR
I'll post and update as things change. I'm anxious, curious to see how long others are taking. The NFA tracker website shows average approval time for a for 4 trust paper is currently 32 days for check to cash, 203 days for approval, and an additional 21 days for stamp in hand (~8.5 months).

The guy at my FFL told me he is averaging around 9 months on form 4's right now, which is pretty close to the NFA times I listed above.

I bought TBAC Ultra 7 Gen2: Form 4 Trust Paper
Submitted background check Form 4- 12-21-2020
Check cashed- 12-31-2020
Approval- Pending
In Hand- Pending
Thanks for sharing. Is this tracker, you are referencing, basically one vendor’s stats, and not the National database? Wish that existed, if not. Also, it references “checks cashed”. Has anyone besides me used a credit card, LOL? I have record of when it was hit, but just seems odd, that I never see that form of payment referenced. Thanks

OP
pirogue

pirogue

WKR
In looking at that nationalguntrusts.com site, anyone feel they were an exception to the “wait times by state” color coded legend? Seems odd that a state like AZ, which was one of the first to allow concealed carry, without a permit, is shaded to symbolize one of the longest NFA4 wait times, if I read that right.

Thanks for sharing. Is this tracker, you are referencing, basically one vendor’s stats, and not the National database? Wish that existed, if not. Also, it references “checks cashed”. Has anyone besides me used a credit card, LOL? I have record of when it was hit, but just seems odd, that I never see that form of payment referenced. Thanks
I also used a credit card, I know I said check cashed which is misleading lol.
and the numbers I referenced are the ones listed at https://www.nfatracker.com/

Will_m

WKR
Not to hijack, but I saw someone mention a trust. Is there a reason people are still doing this since it’s my understanding that they closed the loophole which made the trust so appealing? That is, every single person (including beneficiaries) who can handle the firearm now has to clear the fingerprint and background checks, not just the trustee like it was pre-‘16. I understand the appeal of passing outside the estate at death but was wondering if there were other reasons or if people were victims or lawyer form practice.

You can add people to a trust after the can is in it without a background check.

Eventually I’ll add my boy to it (he’s only 12) and then he will be able to use them without me there.

OP
pirogue

pirogue

WKR
Thought I’d update the thread I started. Finally got it. From the date my credit card was hit until yesterday, when they called and said, “come on down”, was 3 days short of 9 months.

tak

WKR
Not to hijack, but I saw someone mention a trust. Is there a reason people are still doing this since it’s my understanding that they closed the loophole which made the trust so appealing? That is, every single person (including beneficiaries) who can handle the firearm now has to clear the fingerprint and background checks, not just the trustee like it was pre-‘16. I understand the appeal of passing outside the estate at death but was wondering if there were other reasons or if people were victims or lawyer form practice.

you’re correct, still a little more flexibility with a trust, but not all the advantages it used to have. The last 2 I’ve filed have been an an individual.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Just got the call today. 5 months and 2 days from start to finish. Approval 3/24, call 4/5.

Medic103

FNG
The last related thread is about eight months old, so anyone recently pick up a suppressor, to share the weight times. I just went past 8 months, so hopefully, I’m getting close. The vendor told me he had a couple stamps come in recently at 7 months, but they were law enforcement, in case that made a difference.
Just picked up a double stamp gun ( SBR with suppressor, Q Honey Badger ). I used a silencer shop kiosk at my dealer, and it went 150 days from application to gun in hand.

8 months in for my 30 cal can..called ATF this morning to get status. I was told form4 approval time is now anywhere from 10-12 months. I was advised to call back in 3 months...

Geewhiz

WKR
Got the call on saturday 05/29/21. Shelled out the funds on 11/03/2020. 207 days total.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to go pick it up yet as my dealer is 2 hrs away.