Upgrading Conquest 8x32 Learings

Kirk185

FNG
I've been looking for a lighter, higher quality bino than my Conquest 8x32s. I narrowed it down to the Swaro CL 8x30, Zeiss SFL 8X30 and Leica Ultravid 8x32. Went to Euro Optic to test drive these and glad I did. First off the new Euro Optic store in Muncy PA is awesome as well as the folks working there. Great experience, well stocked, beautiful store and the folks are so professional and helpful. I was anticipating walking away with the SFL but had significant blackouts... so disappointed, great ergonomics, but just could not get them to work for me. Turns out the eyecups, for me, were not big enough for the designed eye relief. I think for eyeglass wear they would've been great. I usually wear contacts. Interestingly the SFL 8x40 has larger eyecups and were awesome but are obviously larger than the 8x32 Conquests. Loved the ergonomics of the CL but felt the Ultravids has better optics. Ended up choosing the Ultravids. One downside to the Ultravids is I can't focus to infinity without corrective lenses, whereas with the SFL and CL I could. Lessened learned, try before you buy.