Upland shotguns

jags

FNG
I'm on my 3rd season with an Orion 12ga, been very happy with it and not had any issues. They have it in 20 ga now too which I've been looking at but also see they have a new SxS 20 but I've yet to lay my hands on one.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t speak for all the newer guns, but look at the used market.
I have some newer and older stoegers, and the older, made in the early 2000’s don’t look bad. That’s if you want something newer.
I actually bird hunt with a Ithaca flues from the 1920’s. It wasn’t all that expensive and it’s nice to look at. Older sxs just seem less bulky in the hands.

Roan444

FNG
Browning Citori 12ga has served me well. Traded a Stoeger Condor that I'd won at a PF raffle. I like the Condor just fine, but wanted to 'upgrade' a bit.

That used Citori was $1200 and the trade bait brought that below $1000 at the time.

I have a 20ga Ithaca 200e SxS, but the comb is a bit low for me. It doesn't point as naturally as I'd like. Although, that didn't stop me from getting a grouse double the first time I went out haha~

I'm thinking of getting a new double gun in 20ga or 28ga- one that fits a bit better, and I that I could use for upland, sporting clays, and maybe even some waterfowl. It's so hard to pick one! Gonna wait until after I take a trip to Denver for a gun fitting though.

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Tristar O/U that I love. Shoots great. I prefer the mechanical trigger vs inertia in many others(with inertia, if your first shot is a misfire or if you have 1 shell loaded and the wrong barrel selected you don't get the 2nd shot)

And I also love my Ithaca M37. I started on a junior model 20ga that's been passed along my family to young shooters for 50+ years, then got my own brand new for my 16th bday(23 years ago). It's a great gun.