Utah Cow Elk

khunter20

FNG
Wondering what the typical cost for a landowner cow elk tag in Utah runs and if you think they are worth it if you have the money. Looking to just put some meat in freezer.

OP
K

khunter20

FNG
If you find any information let me know I'm interested as well and good luck.
I havent found much info yet, i have heard that people will start selling them on KSL and such as the season gets closer.

KineKilla

WKR
I have seen antlerless tags on ksl from $500-$1,500. Keep in mind that these are not the actual permits. You still have to pay the $50 to the DWR for the permit. The landowners are charging exorbitant fees to set foot on their ground.

Always been a bit of a sore subject for me personally. The state allocates them tags because they complain about damage to crops and/or fences but 1) there are no crops growing in the winter and 2) if it is such a problem, why do they charge people to hunt them? You'd think they'd want people to come chase them off for them.

I've seen a handful already listed this year but they will become more prevalent as summer winds down.

KineKilla

WKR
Yep. Seems so simple.

I've now struck out on antlerless Elk for 3 consecutive years due to reduced permit numbers. If you can draw one, that's your best bet.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Tmac

WKR
I know a landowner in NE OR charging $1,000 a gun with either a primitive cabin or main ranch house to stay in. OTC tag, smaller property, but lots of game.

dclv50

FNG
I know a landowner in NE OR charging $1,000 a gun with either a primitive cabin or main ranch house to stay in. OTC tag, smaller property, but lots of game.
Can you message me his info I may be interested if I come up empty on the draw.

Tmac

WKR
Can you message me his info I may be interested if I come up empty on the draw.
You bet. I need to contact him and see if he is running the scheduling of hunts or his ranch manager. It is run as a trespass fee hunt. Be help there, but not actively guided from what I understand. I have a buddy buying one, so will be getting the info soon. I’ll PM it to you later.