Utah Fishlake archery Elk

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for anyone with advice on Fishlake they’re willing to share over PM only.

Been archery hunting elk for 8 years mostly CO. Killed a decent OTC bull and a couple cows. This is the first draw tag I’ve ever hunted for myself so I want to make it count. I live a couple hours away so I’ll be doing a lot of scouting.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
Prepare for trucks stacked along the roads with groups of 4-8 guys all with glass. I once drove down a stretch of road so full that it had become single lane for a quarter mile of guys sitting next to their trucks glassing.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it can vary year to year depending on what the water situation is. Fish lake is a unit that gets lots of traffic recreational and hunting with the amount of sxs trails. Spike pressure will amaze you if you've never been down there during archery. Plenty of elk in the unit though.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Willy444

FNG
Looking for anyone with advice on Fishlake they’re willing to share over PM only.

Been archery hunting elk for 8 years mostly CO. Killed a decent OTC bull and a couple cows. This is the first draw tag I’ve ever hunted for myself so I want to make it count. I live a couple hours away so I’ll be doing a lot of scouting.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New to the forum so I can’t PM yet, but my brother had the tag last year and I have the same tag this year. Plenty of elk, if you’re scouting you’ll find them. Don’t want to give out to much info here but once I can PM I’ll send you a message and maybe we can compare notes

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the tag! I drew that tag back in 2021. I hunted and harvested early. I know many try and wait until the rut gets better. If there is one thing I would say from my experience on the unit, is to never count on the rut getting better.

Send me a PM if you have ? or want to chat.