Utah packout services?

DavePwns

WKR
Hey all,

I am looking for any recommendations for a horse or llama pack out service, we will be within 3 hours of salt lake to help with the 3 elk tags in our pockets in late august. We called 5 or 6 outfitters and only one said they provide a packout service. And the one that did offer it, is quoting us $3000 ( $1000 per person) weather we get any elk or not, 3k is the fee. I have always packed out elk myself so I am not familiar with how these services work. Am I getting ripped off? Any tips on who else I can connect with? Having a packout service should allow for at least 2 more days of hunting during the 8 day trip for us, so any help is appreciated

Thanks

I hope you can find something that works for you. 1k seems a little high but with the cost of things these days who knows.
You could always try posting free flat brims for packout help. If that works anywhere utah would be the place.

With the rapidly rising costs of doing outdoor commercial services in the United States, $1,000 per person for an equine drop-off hunt sounds like a deal. I'd be leery of anything less than that, actually.