UTV spreaders

Alchemy

WKR
I need a utv spreader that will work for my Polaris ranger 900

I’m in Oklahoma and have to maintain commercial property during the winter for the 2-4 snow events we get. I’m looking for a nice broadcast unit with remote of some sort. Also a huge bonus would be if I could also use for landscaping and food plots during the other months for seed/fert. Willing to put out some cash for a nice unit but I just can’t seem to find exactly what I’m after…..

How are the western 300 units with remote?
Salt dog?
Will the dedicated salt units even work for seeds like wheat and soybean size seeds?

OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

WKR
I have seen the herd and they are nice but im not seeing a hitch type mount and 12V hook up, all of those appear to be 3 point pto or hydro driven

I have seen the herd and they are nice but im not seeing a hitch type mount and 12V hook up, all of those appear to be 3 point pto or hydro driven
Model GT-77 or I-258 seem like good possibilities. I've seen the herd models well reviewed for spreading seed with ATVs for food plots but not sure I'd want to use something all metal for salt spreading.

I know folks who are happy with swisher brand spreaders for UTVs but they dont spread salt either. I'd want something pretty purposefully corrosion resistant or easy to clean otherwise its going to rust away real quick.

OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

WKR
Thoughts on this unit for seed/fert/salt

OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

WKR
Or this

Sandstrom

WKR
Not sure on the utv spreaders, but one of my Salt Dog truck spreaders has close to 1000 tons of salt through it over the last eight years with only two repairs. It was an easy decision for me to buy a second one!

Ryan