Valle Vidal

Drew the Vidal 2nd rifle bull tag. Anyone have any good info..... once in a lifetime hunt so just seeing if anyone has some good info. Thanks

Tobey

Lil-Rokslider
You'll have a ball, west side steep alpine, east side rolling ponderosa. Hope they get some rain up there, grass really sucked last year. There are basically two roads in the whole area, does'nt stop most people from just road hunting, get out of the truck. Buddy killed a nice bull in the high country last year. I've shot and helped with several bulls and a pile of cows on the west side. If you are planning a scouting trip, don't expect to see loads of elk down low til the middle/end of sept, once the rut kicks in they generally show up and stay. Hunted two weekends in a row last year on cow hunts on the west side, did'nt see anything bigger than a spike, but like I said the grass was almost non existent, even the cows seemed concentrated in one big super herd. I've seen some huge bulls in there, but I've been in there quite a bit, antler quality varies from year to year based on precip and forage quality. It's really an opportunity unit, if it was my tag, I'd be in there first week of october when they're raging to see what kind of bulls are around and set my expectations accordingly.

OP
A
You'll have a ball, west side steep alpine, east side rolling ponderosa. Hope they get some rain up there, grass really sucked last year. There are basically two roads in the whole area, does'nt stop most people from just road hunting, get out of the truck. Buddy killed a nice bull in the high country last year. I've shot and helped with several bulls and a pile of cows on the west side. If you are planning a scouting trip, don't expect to see loads of elk down low til the middle/end of sept, once the rut kicks in they generally show up and stay. Hunted two weekends in a row last year on cow hunts on the west side, did'nt see anything bigger than a spike, but like I said the grass was almost non existent, even the cows seemed concentrated in one big super herd. I've seen some huge bulls in there, but I've been in there quite a bit, antler quality varies from year to year based on precip and forage quality. It's really an opportunity unit, if it was my tag, I'd be in there first week of october when they're raging to see what kind of bulls are around and set my expectations accordingly.
Appreciate it!