Vanguard stock options

matthewmt

WKR
I jumped on a sale for a weatherby vanguard that was posted here recently in the gear deals thread and I'm thinking the stock has to go for accuracy reasons or maybe not? I dont know what to expect, Ive never owned a Weatherby/Howa.
Wondering what you guys have experienced with the factory stock, has anyone tried a bell and Carlson on their vanguard? Or other reasonable cost after market free float stocks?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
You shouldn’t need a different stock for accuracy as they are usually pretty dang accurate out of the box. That being said, if you want a stock I would look at the Stocky’s VG2. I put one on one of my vanguards and love it and shed some weight too. You can catch them on sale pretty regularly and they are decently priced and great stocks for the money.

OP
matthewmt

matthewmt

WKR
You shouldn’t need a different stock for accuracy as they are usually pretty dang accurate out of the box. That being said, if you want a stock I would look at the Stocky’s VG2. I put one on one of my vanguards and love it and shed some weight too. You can catch them on sale pretty regularly and they are decently priced and great stocks for the money.
Thanks, I'll take a look at those for sure.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
My brother put a +\- $300 bell and Carlson on his vanguard last year after owning the rifle for a couple years (price has since increased) Shootability and recoil control were the biggest improvements, which in turn improved accuracy. Balance also improved dramatically. Makes the rifle feel much higher end than it’s purchase price would suggest.