Vasectomy

Sherman

WKR
Somebody on a different thread mentioned somebody should start one of these threads.

I’ll go first. My wife (35) just had her IUD removed. I need to get snipped so I can commence to shoot up the club as my pull out game is weak and with no goalie in place, I don’t need to have another kid at my age. I am 40 (almost 41) and too old for that.

I was told that they don’t put you under for the procedure. Is this true? How bad is it? What’s the recovery like? I was also told that the first “eruption” may be bloody. Don’t know if my buddy is messing with me, so thought I should ask the masses.

cnelk

WKR
Had one about 25 years ago. Your wife has to sign off on the procedure also.

Yep. You are fully conscious. They will stick a long needle in your nuts to numb them.

Hurt? Painful? WTF do do think?

Doesn’t take long. Buy some frozen peas and pack the ‘twig and berries’ for 2 days. Don’t do much.

You’ll live

Edit/PS
Amazing the things you remember 25 years later

Last edited:

colersu22

WKR
I had mine a few weeks ago, they did not put me under and just a local but couldn’t feel anything. definitely listen when they tell you to take Advil and not do anything. We have a 2 month old and a 3 year old and I have been home on leave but over did it and I was pretty sore for about 7 days and that’s when I started the Advil and the swelling and pain went away.

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
I was told by 10 or so guys I know that it wasn’t that bad. The procedure itself wasn’t bad but those damn shots they give you to numb you up were terrible. Don’t know if they hit a nerve cluster or what but that nonsense hurt!

As for recovery, first 3-4 days every time I got off the couch it felt like someone lightly hit me in the balls which was great. After that things just felt tight but not really painful. I do remember the first “deposit” after the surgery felt really really strange but don’t remember any blood in it

grfox92

WKR
Somebody on a different thread mentioned somebody should start one of these threads.

I’ll go first. My wife (35) just had her IUD removed. I need to get snipped so I can commence to shoot up the club as my pull out game is weak and with no goalie in place, I don’t need to have another kid at my age. I am 40 (almost 41) and too old for that.

I was told that they don’t put you under for the procedure. Is this true? How bad is it? What’s the recovery like? I was also told that the first “eruption” may be bloody. Don’t know if my buddy is messing with me, so thought I should ask the masses.
Never thought this would be discussed here, but I'm looking forward to the responses from anyone who has had one.

I am supposed to be getting one, my choice. 3 kids is enough for us.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
Lay down, they numb your sack, tiny little slice, pull out travel tube and cauterize it, glue up slice and send you on your way. 30 minutes, no initial pain, I actually fell asleep during the procedure. Awkward part is the 19 year old smoking hot nurse that grabs your wiener and holds it to the side while prepping your balls. There is pain for a few days after but not horrible and you can still function. Second awkward part is taking a cup of your man juice in 6 weeks after for them to inspect and make sure there are no more swimmers. No bloody nut job for me. And all the awkward and pain is forgot about when you nut without worry of making another money sucking machine with the wife. Aka, suck it up, it ain’t that bad and is so worth it if you’re done having kids.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
I had mine a few weeks ago, they did not put me under and just a local but couldn’t feel anything. definitely listen when they tell you to take Advil and not do anything. We have a 2 month old and a 3 year old and I have been home on leave but over did it and I was pretty sore for about 7 days and that’s when I started the Advil and the swelling and pain went away.
How bad are the shots?

Did mine at the docs office. More smoke and burning flesh than I was expecting or would have liked. Recovery wasnt terrible but is was a solid week Until the pain went away. I told my wife that we needed to “drain the tanks” once a day for 30 days leading up to surgery. Doctors orders. I made it to day 7 before she got wise and did a bit of googling.

Fordguy

WKR
While I don't have any personal experience in that area, my old buddy Darren does. He said the vasectomy was fine, no issues. Local anesthetic, talking to the doc the whole time. He asked the doc to explain to him what he was doing. And the doctor says well, I'm just snipping these tubes. I'll cut off a little and show you. Doc holds up about a one inch piece of vas deferens. Darren goes home shortly after. A little sore for a few days but he said it was pretty minor.

Fast forward 6 years and Darren has divorced and remarried and the new wife wants kids- so back to the doc he goes. New doctor this time for the reversal. Things are pretty much the same. Local anesthetic, talking to the doc and then the doc goes quiet. Darren asks if something is wrong. The doc says well, I've never seen this happen before but one of your vas deferens is about an inch too short to reattach. Darren asks what the doc was going to do. Doc says brace yourself, it will stretch... Darren said that was his worst doctor visit to date, but he did have another daughter about 14 months later.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Biggest piece of advice I’ll give you is that after the initial healing is done, it’s vitally important your wife/girlfriend understands that a “daily release” is necessary for the next four to six weeks. It’s essential to insure things continue to function as designed and swimmers are out of the system. She also needs to understand, it may be an additional two to four weeks of daily therapy to insure the coast is clear. Doctor’s orders. Just sayin‘...