Velocity windows across a given manufacturers line/model of bullet

10E

FNG
We know that the most accurate/reliable/predictable method of determining terminal performance is:

1. BULLET CONSTRUCTION
This covers all things bullet related including materials, weight, weight distribution, sectional density, jacket thickness, hardness, diameter etc.

2. IMPACT VELOCITY
How fast the bullet is going when it strikes the target

3. TARGET MEDIUM
This covers all things shot placement and angle related including the different hardness, density, and resiliency of various bones, tissues, and organs the bullet may encounter or effect etc.

My question is :

For a given line of bullets we often hear a minimum functional velocity number thrown out. And general velocity rules of thumb for a given model of bullet.

Does this actually hold up to the testing? It would seem to me that some important information specific to the bullet we are shooting may be left out.
In my head (I could be wrong) a .224 75 gr eld-m is going to have a different optimal velocity window than a .243 108 gr eld-m, or a .264 147 gr eldm, or a .284 162 gr eldm, or a .308 178 gr eld-m etc. (I used the manufacturer/bullet only as an example it could be replaced with any manufacturer/bullet.

It also appears to me that a maximum velocity number should be applied as well. ( again I could be wrong the difference may be negligible)

OP

10E

FNG
Maybe a better way to ask this question is: is there a reliable way to scale a desirable wound shape/depth up or down?