Vented pant recommendation?

Blandry

WKR
I've tried KUIU attacks, Sitka Timberline (really cold weather pant), KUIU Kutana, KUIU Tiburon, AXIS Hybrids, a a BUNCH of others.. sold everything except the timberlines for cold weather and Kutana's for hot/mild. I can even run the Kutana's down to single digit with some heavy merino unders. They're tough as nails too.. after 100 washings and countless falls outdoors no holes or tears.

Mojave

WKR
Kuiu Timberon. Favorite pants I own.

I live in the Chihuahuan desert of New Mexico at 4500 feet. Gets hot here. These are pretty venty.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I have a pair of Fjallraven Keb Gaiter trousers, vent at hip and lower leg, canvas like material in high wear areas and stretchy stuff in active ares, very functional design for hunting imo. Mid season and late season pants, too hot for summer temps. I don't wear them in public and I sure as hell didn't pay full price for them.

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got Fjällräven ventilated Vidda Pro pants. Tough pants. I’ll be putting the ventilation to use in 75 degree weather for Washington modern firearm season.

Lowg08

WKR
What temp range do you wear them in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you mean with no extra layers or including layers as the year goes. I won’t swap to my catalyst foundry unless it’s going to be below 30. I wear mine from 90-30. But I always carry my 145 zip off bottoms, 97 zip off and close to 30 I carry my down pants

ZCoastie

FNG
I don't have experience with many others, but I would second the Corrugate Foundry Pants from First Lite. I've hiked several miles in mid 70's temps. They were warm, but the leg vents helped a ton. They also work well in colder temps here on the Oregon Coast area. Of course those "colder" temps are upper 30's to mid 50's. I use them in that range and carry a base layer if its expected to be cold and I'll be sitting still.

I am a big fan of the Fjall Raven brand though I don't own their pants just yet. But from their jackets and other items I have, I wouldn't hesitate on the pants.

Blandry

WKR
The KUIU Tiburon's are literally air mesh pants... there is no *need* for vents, that's why I sold them. If you're mojave/sonaran level heat yes, otherwise no. Would I use them in a desert climate YES, summer in CO YES but they are literally air mesh like the gila line and imo the Kutana's air out with the leg vents CLOSE TO above 100deg and low humidity.. High humidity is different like the vented hoods and clothes for offshore fishing.

you're asking for recommendation at low humidity/high humidity and like 10 different environments/temp ratings :)a

I also have several falljriven but want to try the corrugate foundrys.. can't imagine they would be better than Kutanas in low humidity >0 weather with good base layer

Last edited:

BigDog00

WKR
Kings Camo has some options as well. I have a pair of the Preacher pants and wore them a ton this archery season. They are probably a bit heavy past 75F but weren't too bad. I was surprised how much quiter they were compared to my FL corrugates. They have another pant (Draft I think) that's supposed to be lighter, but I don't have any experience with it.

CLP

FNG
Out of all the hunting brands I’ve used, the Stone Glacier Pants are awesome pants and vent really well.