*Venting* Iron Will

EDIT: This was my fault -- Just move on from this post. I ordered on my phone and didn't see there was a specific add on item (Epoxy) right below the kit, components, etc. Makes it pretty obvious its not going to come with glue. And although, I still think it would be nice to have some glue included for free, that's a business decision I'm not in place to make.

So, maybe this is my fault for not catching but... I just ordered ~$200 in arrow components and they don't send you some damn epoxy for free!?

My biggest gripe is one of the items I bought was the hiit installation kit... c'mon include some frigging glue.

Last edited:
OP
A
I bought my dad a VX 5 for a rifle I bought him and Leupold didnt even send me a set of ring for it. What kind of lame ass shi t is that? Dump a grand on scope and no rings?
Kinda like buying $400+ boots and have to get new insoles or a 1k shelter that's not even seam sealed!

Beendare

WKR
I bought my dad a VX 5 for a rifle I bought him and Leupold didnt even send me a set of ring for it. What kind of lame ass shi t is that? Dump a grand on scope and no rings?
Dripping with sarcasm but of course thats ^ completely different....so many options for rings.

I see this post as constructive criticism. Easton packages epoxy with their Axis Hit system...so that guys will use the correct adhesive.....this is the same situation I would think.

Trial153

WKR
Dripping with sarcasm but of course thats ^ completely different....so many options for rings.

I see this post as constructive criticism. Easton packages epoxy with their Axis Hit system...so that guys will use the correct adhesive.....this is the same situation I would think.
Nope. Just bought three dozen from three rivers... easton brass H inserts and three dozen brass Easton HITS...no epoxy included.
Ordered 80 worth of fletching from AAE and they had the nerve to charge me for max bond? WTF ? And I primer pen!!

It's another opportunity for them to do things better than the rest of the industry...
Most store bought epoxy is fast set, and is therefore brittle because cure time is inversely proportional to impact toughness. If IW tracked down some good 24 hr+ set epoxy, that would be awesome to include with their components.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I don't think it's fair to expect Iron Will to include adhesive, but it might be something @Bill V would consider offering as an add-on item in the future.

Edit: I see now that Iron Will does sell epoxy as a separate item. It's even included in the "Frequently Purchased Together" list on the HIT Installation Kit product page. OP, I think this one is on you.

Last edited:

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I would personally rather it not come with epoxy. So I can select the one I want to use and so I dont have to pay for what I won't use.

Probably be just as easy for @Bill V to add a drop down menu to add epoxy to the order if selected.

MADD BEAR

FNG
Don’t even use the two part epoxy if you are using axis arrows. There is an issue with the insert not lining up properly with your point/broadhead shank. Kind of hard to explain but I did make a video addressing this issue

https://youtu.be/1hz66f_kPKc

Just have a look before you glue up, its worth a thought. I had some issues with axis arrows and had to use the ironwill collars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laned

WKR
I don't think any high end aftermarket component company gratuitously adds adhesive to an order. As far as I know, Easton (an arrow, among many other things, company) is the only one that adds a small packet with their arrows that come with HIT inserts.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Nope. Just bought three dozen from three rivers... easton brass H inserts and three dozen brass Easton HITS...no epoxy included.
You got hosed. I just bought 3 dozen brass HIT's a couple weeks ago, and the HIT epoxy is right there in each package. Not a big deal though, there are other epoxy's that work just as well.

Last edited:
OP
A
Again, yeah missed it but the biggest thing is I did order the Hiit install kit, so I guess I just assumed they'd send epoxy with that.

Doesn't change my attitude on IronWill. I love their products and customer service... just a little disappointed since Easton always sent glue when I bought the cheapo inserts.

Again, yeah missed it but the biggest thing is I did order the Hiit install kit, so I guess I just assumed they'd send epoxy with that.

Doesn't change my attitude on IronWill. I love their products and customer service... just a little disappointed since Easton always sent glue when I bought the cheapo inserts.
What makes you think that isn't cheapo epoxy? Might as well use Elmers. I don't use half the components I get sent when I buy arrows, but I still get charged. Like others said, Bill has his prices set to be as competitive as possible. If he has to add epoxy to his orders, the price goes up. Then people will bitch because ''I pAiD fOr ThIs EpOxY I wOnT eVeN uSE''

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I would think if you are buying an install kit the epoxy should be in Said kit. Just add the 2.95 or whatever to the price and make it a true install kit.
It's like buying a shelter for the first time. Just include everything I need and put a price on it. Don't make me mix and match crap I have no way of physically looking at in person..

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I appreciate the feedback on this. We buy the epoxy prepackaged from Easton, so it's not cheap and we don't make any money on it. If we include it with every set of HIT inserts or collars, we would need to add $3 to those prices. I didn't want to do that, since a lot of guys already have epoxy that came with their arrows or they have a favorite method of bonding with another product. I thought it was better to have it optional at a $2.95 add on.
The HIT install tool is a one time buy item, so we could add epoxy to this, but again it would increase the price. We called it a kit since it also included a wire brush, but I think I'll change the name to HIT install tool rather than kit, since it doesn't include everything you need. Let me know if you think its better to include epoxy and increase prices, but my guess is most guys would rather just add it if needed.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
Bill , I think changing the name is the right move . Makes it less confusing for first time buyers! Keep up the good work . I'm looking forward to trying out the new single bevels this year..

I appreciate the feedback on this. We buy the epoxy prepackaged from Easton, so it's not cheap and we don't make any money on it. If we include it with every set of HIT inserts or collars, we would need to add $3 to those prices. I didn't want to do that, since a lot of guys already have epoxy that came with their arrows or they have a favorite method of bonding with another product. I thought it was better to have it optional at a $2.95 add on.
The HIT install tool is a one time buy item, so we could add epoxy to this, but again it would increase the price. We called it a kit since it also included a wire brush, but I think I'll change the name to HIT install tool rather than kit, since it doesn't include everything you need. Let me know if you think its better to include epoxy and increase prices, but my guess is most guys would rather just add it if needed.
i would rather you keep it as is..... i want to pick my own adhesion products.... HIT epoxy is pretty good, but there are other more user friendly options for that system

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I like the HIT epoxy but I'm trying some new "impact resistant" golf club epoxy to see how it works as well. I figure if it will work on golf club heads with that kind of repetitive impact, then it should work great for inserts. I'd rather break the arrow than break the insert free.