Venture Divide 2000 vs 3000

Bobbyh

FNG
Which one for a day pack and airline carry on? Specs look fairly close I can’t decide. Leaning toward the 2000 but not set yet. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have neither pack, but in doing my research looking for a day pack and evaluating the Kuiu venture 2k/3k the biggest difference (besides the size) is the way the bag opens. The 2k has that beaver tail/stuff it pocket that clips across the main bag opening.Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 8.52.04 PM.png

So getting into the main bag, to a degree, means you must unclip that pocket. This is not a huge deal, but could get annoying every time, and it could spill contents in that pocktet. Where the 3K does not have this issue when getting to the outside pocket.

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 8.54.41 PM.png
The proglem with the 3k is the main pocket is side access and top loading. Is the day pack just for hunting? or EDC? or both?

For me I chose to go a whole different route for my day pack. It's more expensive, but I went Kifaru Shape Charge with the Omni Belt. It was more money, but gave me what I wanted in a day pack.

TJfromTX

FNG
Currently have the 2K and it works great for travel and is my EDC bag, fits under the seat on the airplane. plenty of space and pockets. I would imagine the 3K would be a lot to handle on a plane.
The 2K replaced a Kifaru Urban Ruck I had previously.

Agar426

FNG
I've got the same question, wanting to use it for both EDC, airplane carry on, overnight bag type stuff, as well as a day pack while scouting etc. I think the 2000 will fit the bill, but the 3000 is on sale right now. Is the 3000 overkill for carry on/EDC use?

I just purchased the 3k on sale. Plan to use it as a scouting pack, and hunting day pack. Figure it'd be large enough for overnight spike camp packing as needed as well.

Just got it in, and I love the overall layout. Don't think I could fit an entire Elk hind quarter in it, but I could definitely get a boned out game bag. It has straps in all the right places to compress down as needed. The front pocket is well designed with unrestricted access. The main pocket is a little odd, but I think it is built for field function in mind.

3k would be too big for EDC or airplane travel IMO. By far the best quality pack I've ever owned.

Currently have the 2K and it works great for travel and is my EDC bag, fits under the seat on the airplane. plenty of space and pockets. I would imagine the 3K would be a lot to handle on a plane. The 2K replaced a Kifaru Urban Ruck I had previously.
I bought the 2k just for this. It has plenty of room for me. I use it scouting and TAC too. The divide pocket is perfect for tripod with spotter/bino's attached. It expands well. Ive done 2 day work trips with it alone.