Kuiu divide 3000 vs 2000

looking for some real world experience with this day pack. Specifically is this too big for a full day pack, is it too small or laid out poorly, does the “divide” feature work as advertised for optics or rifle holding, have you run a rifle holder separately (kuiu makes one but not sure if it can attack to the side or if it has to he run thru the middle, and if it can be run on the side does that make carrying optics difficult), and of course comfort for a typical day hunt. Also, has anyone used this as a personal bag (not carryon) for airlines and how has that worked from a size standpoint (too big?).

Also, if anyone has experience with the divide 2000 with the above questions, feel free to offer inputs!

Thanks

tracker12

WKR
I hunted last year with the Venture 2300. It did well on a couple elk and deer hunts. For the most part it was the ideal size and I never felt like I needed a 3000 size bag. That being said my partner both had a 3000 size bag and they also did well and the extra size did come in handy when extra layers were required. I will continue with the 2300 as a day pack.

Last edited:
Not sure if you still want a review of the Divide 3000, but I hunted all of this year with it, turkey, elk and deer, in north ID, and could give you my experience. Shoot me a reply or PM 👍

OP
Texasbuckeye
I would love to hear your thoughts on the 3000 from this season, so i can add/compare my thoughts as i ended up buying the same pack and have used it this season (tho not as diversely as you have).

Might help others looking at this pack.

Sounds good! I’m in north Idaho. Thick timbered slopes, clear cuts, rain, wind, snow, freezing temps in the morning that can swing to 50s by the afternoon. Results in the potential for multiple insulating layers, wind jacket, and rain jacket on top of the other gear. I was looking for a bag with volume enough to stuff some bulkier layers, but not really any serious weight. I really like this pack. It compresses really well, so when it’s a warmer/drier hunt, I can cut the extra space down. I like the idea of the divide pocket, but I didn’t want my scope turrets to get rubbed out of zero, and when you’ve got the pack stuffed, it’s tough to get a rifle in and out easily. If you were running a tripod in there, it would likely work a little better. I mostly used it to store my sitting layers like a vest, rain or wind jacket, or fleece sweater to access and throw on without having to open the bag or compressions straps every time I layered up or down. Great stuff pocket. One think I don’t particularly like is accessing the main bag. It’s a cinch top design, so you access from the top. The side access zippers for the main bag are nice for easily grabbing a puffy or water bottle tucked on one side or another, but otherwise you’re digging in a dark bag. They have some zippered pockets on the inside panel, but because it’s hard to access, they’re kinda waste. The outer front zip has the same organizing pockets that are handy and I used those quite a bit. I packed out a fork horn whitetail, all the quarters, loose meat and head about 2.5 miles, and wouldn’t really recommend this pack for that job. Doesn’t have the load lifters, belt or frame to handle any serious weight. I did start to lose one of the shoulder straps stitching after that, which again, not designed to do that task, but still seemed kinda lame to see that kind of failure after one heavy load. Again, not really designed for it. Currently in the warranty process, which has been easy so far. If you want a solid day pack for scouting, turkey hunting or day hunting without the need to carry serious weight, I’d absolutely recommend, especially for the $250 price tag. For less I’d jump at it.

Attachments

• IMG_9766.jpeg
    IMG_9766.jpeg
    796.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8627.jpeg
    IMG_8627.jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9858.jpeg
    IMG_9858.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 28
It does have the attachment loops for KUIU’s rifle carry system, but I ran a stone glacier rifle holder on the back/side. I attached the rifle carry as needed using a gate keeper buckle and the compression straps. Worked really well to go hands free.

OP
Texasbuckeye
As i typically xbow hunt on my property, i dont have the extensive use for multiple species nor a need to carry a bunch if stuff in it, so i appreciate the info.

I find the space usable but compressible as you stated. The belt fits my back well but if i were a little taller i feel it might ride up a little too far. But it does good when the pack has some weight (i have not tried it with heavy load and i have no real intention to do so, so thanks for your input on that).

I have the rifle strap to put on it, but being a primarily xbow hunter i havent yet…someday i will get out to the mountains where i need a true day pack and i think this will work really well.
The nice thing is i have it in the green color just like yours and it works as a travel pack as well, being a neutral color. Fits nicely as a carry on in airline overhead space.

Thanks for your feedback!