Very Cool Elk Hunting Story!

ElkNut1

WKR
With archery Elk Season nearly upon us I thought I'd share this story to get us pumped & excited for the upcoming season! I know I enjoyed it!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

First of all I have to say that your instruction with the elk nut app is incredible! I was listening to pod casts, trying to learn as much as possible over the last week and a half on calling elk and you popped up on one and I was just amazed! I listened to few more and bought the app! I am a combat veteran with only a few years of bow hunting experience, most of which was done out of my home state of Montana. This year I was finally able to get back into it and so being extremely excited and eager to learn I got after it! I picked up a mouth reed and tube and have been annoying my girlfriend and working up the dogs for the last week and half! Well let me tell ya, the practice paid off today! It was my first morning out and I accompanied by my girlfriend who was just along for the experience. After getting to a fairly thick timbered area I threw out a location bugle. I got a response fairly quickly! Talked back and fourth and then another bull joined the party!

I decided to try the advertising sequence and was getting chuckles and bugles back! I also called in another hunter. He was an older gentleman and so I decided to see if we could work together to get the bull that was being vocal in closer. He had moved closer but still sounded a ways away from our set up. I did one more sequence and on my back to where I was sitting the other hunter signaled me to get down. A big six point came in, headed right where I wanted him and came in dead silent from the opposite direction! He shot him! It was absolutely incredible and I can’t wait to get out and do it again! Thank you so much for all your wisdom! Nate

One day I pray to the good lord I'll be able to go west and atleast have a chance to hunt elk. In TN and KY we have reintroduced them but tags are 16 people a year can hunt them so it may never happen but I sign up for the draw each year. It's my Poweball lol

87TT

WKR
One day I pray to the good lord I'll be able to go west and atleast have a chance to hunt elk. In TN and KY we have reintroduced them but tags are 16 people a year can hunt them so it may never happen but I sign up for the draw each year. It's my Poweball lol
Elk is my crack

When things go smoothly it seems easy.

My first archery bull was in Montana. Bitterroot Mountains. It was the end of the day. September 21. Bulls had been really vocal all day. It was seriously time to go and I could hear my brother about 3/4 a f a mile straight uphill, bugling back-and-forth with a bull. Our signal to each other when it is time to regroup, it’s just nonstop bugles one after the other. Nothing any hunter would possibly mistake for a real elk.

I was using a mouth reed and a Chuckler bugle tube from Elknut. First time I used it. I bugled nonstop one after the other for about a minute straight trying to get my brothers attention. I was looking straight uphill in his direction when I heard a bugle about 100 yards to my right. I was in a wide-open burn with no cover at all. I looked over in a six point bull stepped out of the timber into the burn walking at a steady pace straight toward me just a hair uphill from my elevation.

I set the tube down and picked up my bow, which already had an arrow knocked. The bull just kept coming. He bugled about every 10 steps still walking and really wasn’t even looking where he was going. With no cover I was worried about having an opportunity to draw my bow without getting busted. At about 20 yards he turned to his left and straight downhill. Like a gift from God, there was one little pine tree about 4 feet high in that burn, and he walked right behind it. His head was down as he walked, and when his eyes went behind that tree, I drew my bow. When he popped out the other side, he stopped. I double lunged him. He ran downhill, 100 yards and piled up.

I took that bull to Game Trails Taxidermy up in Stevensville to have mounted. The taxidermist said he thought the bull would make pope and Young. The thought never crossed my mind. A week later he called me and said congratulations your bull netted 260 and 3/8… made book by 3/8 of an inch.

If anyone wants to buy my Chuckler tube it’s for sale. $2500. They don’t make em anymore so not only is it the bomb but it’s also a collectible. Lol 😂

TA2510

FNG

My first archery bull was in Montana. Bitterroot Mountains. It was the end of the day. September 21. Bulls had been really vocal all day. It was seriously time to go and I could hear my brother about 3/4 a f a mile straight uphill, bugling back-and-forth with a bull. Our signal to each other when it is time to regroup, it’s just nonstop bugles one after the other. Nothing any hunter would possibly mistake for a real elk.

I was using a mouth reed and a Chuckler bugle tube from Elknut. First time I used it. I bugled nonstop one after the other for about a minute straight trying to get my brothers attention. I was looking straight uphill in his direction when I heard a bugle about 100 yards to my right. I was in a wide-open burn with no cover at all. I looked over in a six point bull stepped out of the timber into the burn walking at a steady pace straight toward me just a hair uphill from my elevation.

I set the tube down and picked up my bow, which already had an arrow knocked. The bull just kept coming. He bugled about every 10 steps still walking and really wasn’t even looking where he was going. With no cover I was worried about having an opportunity to draw my bow without getting busted. At about 20 yards he turned to his left and straight downhill. Like a gift from God, there was one little pine tree about 4 feet high in that burn, and he walked right behind it. His head was down as he walked, and when his eyes went behind that tree, I drew my bow. When he popped out the other side, he stopped. I double lunged him. He ran downhill, 100 yards and piled up.

I took that bull to Game Trails Taxidermy up in Stevensville to have mounted. The taxidermist said he thought the bull would make pope and Young. The thought never crossed my mind. A week later he called me and said congratulations your bull netted 260 and 3/8… made book by 3/8 of an inch.

If anyone wants to buy my Chuckler tube it’s for sale. $2500. They don’t make em anymore so not only is it the bomb but it’s also a collectible. Lol 😂
Great story, Good luck on your sell. Lol 😂😂

HobbitAK

FNG

Love it! I hunt up in the Mariahs Pass area hoping to have a similar experience