Victor cheek riser, i feel dumb now

sdupontjr

WKR
I have been shooting rifles for well over 40 years. I never really got into precision shooting until the last 10 years or so. And it increased when I started reloading. I have seen numerous rifles with some sort of cheek riser on it and always wondered why would someone add that crap to a beautiful rifle. Well I watched a video after seeing lots of tikkas with the victor cheek riser and it was brought to my attention that accuracy is also inherent with how you fit the rifle.

I decided to get one. At $35, figured I'd give it a try. I took the advice of the video shown and mounted the rifle. I had my bipod on so I decided to get in a comfortable position with my eyes closed. Once everything felt totally comfortable, I opened my eyes. I was looking at the back of the damn bolt with very little optic in view. So I placed just the riser with no spacers on my CTR. Repeated process. Dead on. Un-shouldered, shouldered again with eyes closed. Dead nuts. Didn't seem like much, but made a world of difference in my comfort and how it fit my body.

My CTR has Med rings with a 4-16x50 trijicon. I decided what the hell, I pulled out my Lite with the Schmidt Bender 4-16x56 just to see. Repeat process. Nothing but Bolt, no optic on sight. So I put the victor on. A little better but not enough. So I installed 1 spacer. Dead nuts. Repeated the process and Dead nuts with 1 spacer and victor. So I plan on ordering another for my T3 lite.

I never knew for damn near 40 years that this meant so much. Hell and I didn't realize how much I was holding my head up in order to get the perfect eyebox and height. Hopefully this will tighten up some shooting, because it sure does feel alot better.
20240220_125958.jpg20240220_130005.jpg20240220_130027.jpg

Bravo6

FNG
That's an awesome report! I just bought a couple of them to put on a Tikka T1x and another rifle

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
I have been shooting rifles for well over 40 years. I never really got into precision shooting until the last 10 years or so. And it increased when I started reloading. I have seen numerous rifles with some sort of cheek riser on it and always wondered why would someone add that crap to a beautiful rifle. Well I watched a video after seeing lots of tikkas with the victor cheek riser and it was brought to my attention that accuracy is also inherent with how you fit the rifle.

I decided to get one. At $35, figured I'd give it a try. I took the advice of the video shown and mounted the rifle. I had my bipod on so I decided to get in a comfortable position with my eyes closed. Once everything felt totally comfortable, I opened my eyes. I was looking at the back of the damn bolt with very little optic in view. So I placed just the riser with no spacers on my CTR. Repeated process. Dead on. Un-shouldered, shouldered again with eyes closed. Dead nuts. Didn't seem like much, but made a world of difference in my comfort and how it fit my body.

My CTR has Med rings with a 4-16x50 trijicon. I decided what the hell, I pulled out my Lite with the Schmidt Bender 4-16x56 just to see. Repeat process. Nothing but Bolt, no optic on sight. So I put the victor on. A little better but not enough. So I installed 1 spacer. Dead nuts. Repeated the process and Dead nuts with 1 spacer and victor. So I plan on ordering another for my T3 lite.

I never knew for damn near 40 years that this meant so much. Hell and I didn't realize how much I was holding my head up in order to get the perfect eyebox and height. Hopefully this will tighten up some shooting, because it sure does feel alot better.
View attachment 676543View attachment 676544View attachment 676545

I grew up shooting recreationally, just a few shots now and then to zero and then hunting each fall. Like you, never put much thought into rifle fit.

Last year I started shooting a lot more with a goal of becoming proficient at longer ranges. My first range session I shot about 300 rounds prone and by the end of the day I could barely move my neck. That was the first and last time I shot a rifle without a cheek riser!

Smitty1

FNG
Thanks for the heads up on this product. This might be exactly what I've been looking for. Hopefully it works on a Monte Carlo stock. I'll do some more research.