Vince vigil New Mexico hunting adventures

Anyone hunted with this place or this guy?

curious on the hunt pricing, the experience, and outfitters ability to communicate effectively after the hunt is sold?

Typically I Hunt fishtail ranch in Chama. Great experience and value. Great lodge, guides are great, see many elk every time!

Did you end up going on a hunt with Vince? Looking at possibly booking a hunt with him but looking for some feedback.

On Feb 7, 2021 he replied to a post stating he would not recommend him, bad experience. Click on his name, you will see messages, click on that and you will see all of his 6 posts.

jolemons

WKR
I hunted audad with his business years ago and had a decent experience.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

On Feb 7, 2021 he replied to a post stating he would not recommend him, bad experience. Click on his name, you will see messages, click on that and you will see all of his 6 posts.
Which is odd because he posted his response stating he doesn't recommend him (2/7/21) before he posted this post (8/30/21) asking for recommendations on the outfitter.

I spoke with someone at their booth at the Harrisburg, PA sportsman's show. Seems like New Mexico Outfitters can be very hit or miss so I don't want to make the mistake of going with the wrong outfitter.

I hunted audad with his business years ago and had a decent experience.

Not sure how long ago you went on your hunt, did you feel that they were organized enough that it didn't hinder your hunt? It seems like it's turn into a big outfit and see's a lot of hunters at a time. Though depending on what time of year your aoudad hunt was, it may not have had an affect. I'm sure during elk season there's a lot of hunters and guides to organize.

It'll be my first outfitted hunt, usually I go DIY. Seems like picking an outfitter is harder than picking a unit to hunt in when I go DIY!

jolemons

WKR
Not sure how long ago you went on your hunt, did you feel that they were organized enough that it didn't hinder your hunt? It seems like it's turn into a big outfit and see's a lot of hunters at a time. Though depending on what time of year your aoudad hunt was, it may not have had an affect. I'm sure during elk season there's a lot of hunters and guides to organize.

It'll be my first outfitted hunt, usually I go DIY. Seems like picking an outfitter is harder than picking a unit to hunt in when I go DIY!
10+ years ago. Logistics were well organized and communication was good. Vince was not in camp, but he recommended a taxidermist to me and delivered my sheep to him for free. Guides were mediocre, but as an outfitter, good guides are hard to find and keep. Property was top notch for abundance of sheep. Accommodations and cooking were below my expectations, but it was a a blue collar type of hunt. Price point was on par with what was delivered, I think it was around $4k back then for a 5 day hunt.