Virginia Employment

Anyone here from Virginia willing share some possible employment out there? We are thinking about making the move to be closer to family and I’m starting to put out some feelers to see what’s out there. Currently employed in an Aerospace managerial role.

Looking somewhere around Fredericksburg or Richmond.

Thanks

Last edited:

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
VA is a big state....might help to give a general location. You know, NOVA, Hampton Roads, etc.

Good luck,

Eddie

If you are in thr Aerospace industry and want to be in the Fredricksburg area, I would look to see what was available in Dahlgren, VA. A lot of defense industry in that area and a short commute to Fredricksburg.

OP
DakotaBPNW
If you are in thr Aerospace industry and want to be in the Fredricksburg area, I would look to see what was available in Dahlgren, VA. A lot of defense industry in that area and a short commute to Fredricksburg.
I’ll look at that, thank you!

AKBorn

WKR
Just understand that you are moving to the area with the worst traffic in the United States, for about the past decade now I think. I used to live in Maryland and commute to Northern VA, and there is NO easy or quick way to get there. If you decide to live in the Fredericksburg area, try NOT to find employment that has you commuting toward DC each day, it's just one big traffic jam. Good luck.

OP
DakotaBPNW
Just understand that you are moving to the area with the worst traffic in the United States, for about the past decade now I think. I used to live in Maryland and commute to Northern VA, and there is NO easy or quick way to get there. If you decide to live in the Fredericksburg area, try NOT to find employment that has you commuting toward DC each day, it's just one big traffic jam. Good luck.
I appreciate that. My dad currently drives towards DC daily and has said the same. I like the looks of the Ashland area and I think commuting South would be far preferable.

OP
DakotaBPNW
Bumping this up. This move will be happening sooner than expected. Thanks

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
If I were you, I would not move near Fredericksburg. Too much traffic and it is now basically turned into the outer part of Northern VA which I would avoid at all costs. There are nicer areas outside of Richmond. Not sure if you have considered the Tidewater area but there are lots of defense jobs in this area as well. NASA has a large research facility in Hampton and there are multiple shipyards as well which are always hiring. There are also multiple defense contractors in the area for additional job opportunities.

OP
DakotaBPNW
If I were you, I would not move near Fredericksburg. Too much traffic and it is now basically turned into the outer part of Northern VA which I would avoid at all costs. There are nicer areas outside of Richmond. Not sure if you have considered the Tidewater area but there are lots of defense jobs in this area as well. NASA has a large research facility in Hampton and there are multiple shipyards as well which are always hiring. There are also multiple defense contractors in the area for additional job opportunities.
I know the area isn’t the top pick, but we want to be working 45 minutes of family so that kind of narrows it down.

OP
DakotaBPNW
Anyone local that can give me the max distance that would be reasonably commutable into the Manassas area?

Anyone local that can give me the max distance that would be reasonably commutable into the Manassas area?

Man-asses is getting up in my area. Are you still planning on driving north to get to Manassas? Look for housing around Bealton, Catlett, or Summerduck.

Further north of manasas gets you into FFX and Loudoun Counties which is "big money"

OP
DakotaBPNW
Yes still planning on living South of the area and commuting North. We have have family in the Spotsylvania area so we would like to be kinda of in between the two if possible