vortex kaibab digiscoping

jlmoeller

FNG
I recently bought a pair of 15x56 kaibabs. I want to use my iphone 5 to digiscope with them. Is this reasonable? Will I get pictures that are useable? Can anyone recommend an adapter?

I am not a camera guy and I know nothing about taking pictures.
Thanks for the help.

Jason Moeller

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not overly picky when it comes to digiscoping. Most of the time all I am looking for is a pic good enough to see some detail of the animal to keep on my phone or text to hunting friends. I use the Meopta 12x50 binos and found a meopta meopix adapter in the bargain cave at cabela's. This combo seems to work well enough. A friend uses the phone skope adapter which I feel is superior but also cost more. Most of the time I just zoom in my phone about half way and put it up to the eyepiece and get a pic that way. Like I said I'm not overly picky about quality as long as there is some detail to see whats there.

Here are a couple pics from both my 12x50 binos and 11-33x50 spotter

View attachment 39176
IMG_3959.jpg
IMG_3838.jpg
IMG_3955.jpg

Last edited:
OP
J

jlmoeller

FNG
Thanks for the info. Do you remember how far away for any of the pics?

Would the quality of pic from the kaibabs be similar to the quality from the 11-33 x 50 razor?

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
I think the bears were 2-300 hundred yards. The prong was 400+ which was through the spotting scope on lower power. The best was to do pics in my opinion is to take a short couple second video then pause it and take a screen shot. It eliminates some of the shake from trying to push the button to get the pic. Phones today have pretty good cameras so paired with good optics you can get some impressive pics.

I would think the pics would be pretty similar between my smaller spotter and the kaibabs.