Vortex LHT - FFP?

Wish granted:
2.5-20 Nightforce NX8 F1
- all metal erectors
- better glass than Razor line IMO (don't get pissed, I know it's subjective to each user)
- stupid-proof durability
- flawless tracking and return-to-zero (not saying my AMGs didn't perform this flawlessly, they did)
- no weird cresent-moon shadow ring at the 2 o'clock position showing up over time under recoil @ magnification to be explained away by the tech dept after sending multiple scopes in multiple times. Own enough Vortex scopes or research it yourself, its a thing...
- the Push down/pull up locking elevation turret that will stick in cold temps rendering dialing dope useless.
This issue was the final straw with my AMG; it ruined the edge on a Benchmade; in mine and my hunting partner's desperation in a final attempt trying to pry it up for dialing on a big buck at 800+ yards in 30° temp...the turret never budged open, but it did ruin my blade, badly scoring the turret and scope housing in the process. Vortex knew about the cold-locking-turret issues on their Alpha-glass scope offering when they put them out and is still an issue to this day.

All that to say, the Razor AMG is my favorite scope ever made by Vortex (still own a couple on comp rigs) but the above mentioned issues have pushed me back to Nightforce on hunting rigs; they just don't suffer from controllable design and build quality issues that surface in the moment of truth.
I REALLY like the Vortex company and their systems, just not for extreme mountain or duty work.
Curious, did you kill the buck you were after? Also, if the turret was that frozen why not just use the reticle to compensate for the shot?

Curious, did you kill the buck you were after? Also, if the turret was that frozen why not just use the reticle to compensate for the shot?
I did, luckily he just stopped, stood there and ate while this went down. Using the reticle is how I got him killed, but without going into the whole play-by-play leading up to that shot, at 865 yards that put him at 19.3 MOA; at the bottom of my NF NX8 20 MOA reticle. That's an unfamiliar and uncomfortable sight picture to overcome and shoot thru if you have never practiced it, especially at an animal.

I did, luckily he just stopped, stood there and ate while this went down. Using the reticle is how I got him killed, but without going into the whole play-by-play leading up to that shot, at 865 yards that put him at 19.3 MOA; at the bottom of my NF NX8 20 MOA reticle. That's an unfamiliar and uncomfortable sight picture to overcome and shoot thru if you have never practiced it, especially at an animal.
Right on, glad you got him. I'm confused about which scope you were using though. Your original post said you were using the AMG but then you refrenced the NX8 reticle being difficult to use at that range. 19-20 MOA seems to be plenty usable to me on the AMG even at 20X. I agree it's closer toward the bottom of the sight picture but its not buried and unusable. I do realize all this comes down to personal preference and personal experience. Not trying to hammer on you at all, but genuinely curious because I do use an AMG and have for a few seasons. So far I haven't run into your problem/experience... (yet).

JAM7

FNG
For those who used this scope this fall hunting, any thoughts on how the durability held up in the field?