Vortex Razer HD vs Zeiss Conquest HD vs Maven B1.2

ONE_3

FNG
@ONE_3 , what’s the deal with the Maven eye cups? Describe the eye cup attributes that you didn’t like. I’m just about to order a B6, …. I think. Haven’t seen/held a pair yet. Thanks.
They adjust way too easily. The eye cups twist and have virtually no resistance at the extreme in, or out position and they slide past the intermediate stop points very easily too. I slid the binos with the eye cups at the 3rd stop point (almost all the way out) into my fhf pro-m harness and strap the lid down, opened it back up and the eye cups were pushed all the way back in. So I tried it again very gingerly, the eye cups stayed out, I walked around the house for 5-10 minutes pulled the binos out again and the eye cups were again pushed all the way back in. I don’t care for how easily the eye cups changed position and I wasn’t going to put up with a $1000 piece of glass that I had to adjust the eye cups every time I pulled them out.

Don’t get me wrong, the adjustment wheel is silky smooth, the binos are well built, I liked the quality of the glass and the optics but I thought the zeiss conquest hd was just a smidge better optically and the eye cups have much harder stop points at all adjustment levels. The only thing that isn’t “as good or better” than the maven is the adjustment wheel. It’s adequate but I think the maven is smoother.

Hope this helps.

They adjust way too easily. The eye cups twist and have virtually no resistance at the extreme in, or out position and they slide past the intermediate stop points very easily too. I slid the binos with the eye cups at the 3rd stop point (almost all the way out) into my fhf pro-m harness and strap the lid down, opened it back up and the eye cups were pushed all the way back in. So I tried it again very gingerly, the eye cups stayed out, I walked around the house for 5-10 minutes pulled the binos out again and the eye cups were again pushed all the way back in. I don’t care for how easily the eye cups changed position and I wasn’t going to put up with a $1000 piece of glass that I had to adjust the eye cups every time I pulled them out.

Don’t get me wrong, the adjustment wheel is silky smooth, the binos are well built, I liked the quality of the glass and the optics but I thought the zeiss conquest hd was just a smidge better optically and the eye cups have much harder stop points at all adjustment levels. The only thing that isn’t “as good or better” than the maven is the adjustment wheel. It’s adequate but I think the maven is smoother.

Hope this helps.
I concur with his experience. I put a thin piece of tape on the threads of the eyecup and problem solved. Not that it’s something you should have to do on a $750-1000+ pair of binos but to me they are still worth it.

tdluke90

FNG
I currently have the zeiss conquest 10x42, razor HD 10x42, and my EL 8.5x42 that I’m comparing. Between me and my fiancé we can’t see an appreciable difference between the conquest and the razor. We both prefer holding and handling the razor more though.

Agross

WKR
I currently have the zeiss conquest 10x42, razor HD 10x42, and my EL 8.5x42 that I’m comparing. Between me and my fiancé we can’t see an appreciable difference between the conquest and the razor. We both prefer holding and handling the razor more though.
What about the el’s

96Griz

FNG
For a very similar price I’d look at meopta meostars. Never looked through maven or Zeiss but have looked through razor uhds, and thought the meostars were better.

tdluke90

FNG
What about the el’s.
I wish I had the 10x42 ELs to compare but I only have the 8.5x42. They are a bit clearer and better fov but I don’t think I would miss anything with the razor hds or conquest that I saw with ELs. It’s close enough that I have to put them on a tripod and go back and forth to find just a little bit of difference.

Cannot go wrong with either the B6 or the Conquest. I had a minor issue with one of the B6 eyecups collapsing too easily. Spoke to Maven and they immediately sent a replacement. Works fine now. Also agree with others that the B6 offers a slightly better / more relaxed view than the B1.2.

OP
L

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
Well I finally pulled the trigger on some new binos!!!
I ended up getting the Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42. Got a great deal at Europtic
I am very pleased with the glass and quality and ergonomics. I will be putting them to work this weekend.
Thanks everyone for all the help and feedback
-Leo

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
You just can't go wrong with the Conquests. They are a rock solid choice... And here's a classic video I like that should extinguish any buyers remorse:

Great to know you like them, I may be getting a pair today, anyone have experience with Meopro air 10x42?

Fritz D

FNG
The Zeiss Conqwst HD is a lot of Glass for the money? Don’t have any experience with the Vortex or Maven but the Zeiss is nice for under 1K$? Eurooptic seems to have the 8x32 to 10x42 available for around 800 bucks for the demo version?

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Zeiss Conqwst HD is a lot of Glass for the money? Don’t have any experience with the Vortex or Maven but the Zeiss is nice for under 1K$? Eurooptic seems to have the 8x32 to 10x42 available for around 800 bucks for the demo version?
They are 799 for Xmas.

Txrag

FNG
I sent back a pair of vortex binoculars that had fallen down a bluff. Knot came untied from harness. They said they repaired them but they look brand new, no charge.

TheGDog

WKR
Well I finally pulled the trigger on some new binos!!!
I ended up getting the Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42. Got a great deal at Europtic
I am very pleased with the glass and quality and ergonomics. I will be putting them to work this weekend.
Thanks everyone for all the help and feedback
-Leo
Right On Man! I freakin' Dig on my Conquests! Don't forget a nice light Tripod!

Zeiss over Razors. Haven't looked through the Mavens so can't comment.

As posted earlier, I'd be looking through some Meoptas as well. Even the Optika Binos are impressive and are way above their price point.