Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50mm Q&A

Ucsdryder

WKR
Sure wish we could get SWFA to make a hunting line with the same standards. More SFP and simple reticle options. Heck, even their website makes no bones about it. There’s some special forces sniper looking dude plastered all over and virtually every scope has “tactical” in the name. Where’s the stuff for the dude in hunter orange and an elk across the canyon?
I had a swfa. It was like looking through the bottom of a shot glass. And it was heavy. I guess it makes sense they’re more robust when they weight significantly more.

My buddy used to joke that swfa was single-handedly limiting long range shots because you couldn’t see what you were aiming at past 500 yards.

Sako300

WKR
1/2 MOA rifle with all those rounds that cold of temperature! Was it 12 degrees? What powder are you using to reload? I want something stable at 12 degrees!! And that’s a Tikka Tac?

slowelk

WKR
I had a swfa. It was like looking through the bottom of a shot glass. And it was heavy. I guess it makes sense they’re more robust when they weight significantly more.

My buddy used to joke that swfa was single-handedly limiting long range shots because you couldn’t see what you were aiming at past 500 yards.

That wasn’t my experience in the one 3-9 I’ve used. The glass was certainly not a limiting factor.

I also want to add that we aren't picking on any scope or manufacture. We would love for them all to pass the test.

Forms Method of evaluation is very straightforward with no bias.. I looking forward to getting a pile of scopes tested and catalogued for all to see. This should of happened years ago!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for this attitude, Ryan. This forum is awesome.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
1/2 MOA rifle with all those rounds that cold of temperature! Was it 12 degrees? What powder are you using to reload? I want something stable at 12 degrees!! And that’s a Tikka Tac?

It isn’t a half moa rifle because it won’t consistently hit a half MOA target. I was being sarcastic about the three round groups. With that particular ammo, that rifle is consistently less than 1.2 moa for ten round groups.

IMR 4064. And yes, an older Tikka T3 Tactical.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I also want to add that we aren't picking on any scope or manufacture. We would love for them all to pass the test.

To add from my perspective, I would like all scopes to work correctly as it’s what a scope is supposed to. I absolutely have no bias involved here. What a scope does or does not do is stated exactly as it happens- it’s just data, as much as it can be pure data. The goal is to give legitimate information to hunters that care, and hopefully to show people what to expect.

260madman

WKR
The ”Influencers” will get a hold of this info and start shitting all over the test results and get their gaggle of girls to cancel this stuff. Frank (SH) took down his test info after some companies got their panties in a bunch and the “Influencers” and their gang went after them. I think Frank didn’t want to lose money was what it came down to.

Hold strong @Ryan Avery they’ll be coming for ya.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The ”Influencers” will get a hold of this info and start shitting all over the test results and get their gaggle of girls to cancel this stuff. Frank (SH) took down his test info after some companies got their panties in a bunch and the “Influencers” and their gang went after them. I think Frank didn’t want to lose money was what it came down to.

Hold strong @Ryan Avery they’ll be coming for ya.
I feel bad for anyone who at all cares what some online strangers think of them.

Sako300

WKR
If I spent my hard earned money on a scope and got numbers that didn’t add up, I would help fellow members as well with what I experienced! I appreciate how you provided very detailed information! I personally don’t own a piece of Vortex glass!

slowelk

WKR
I feel bad for anyone who at all cares what some online strangers think of them.
I think you’re missing the point. There is real censorship on these forums, and the owners have followed the money in some other instances. I echo what 260madman said - I hope this can remain an objective place.