Vortex Razor LHT? 3-15

cg26

FNG
anyone have any recent feedback on how their Vortex Razor LHT is holding up? Mixed between the Razor LHT, Leupold vx5, Leupold Mark 3 FireDot.

Thank you!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have two 3-15. Both have been drama free since I mounted them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
These seem to be doing pretty well. At this point I’d buy one if I was in the market and not worry about it too much. In fact, next time I buy a scope it will probably be one of these.

Ucsdryder

WKR
So far so good with my 2. Really like the turrets, the way they look and the zero stop.

PRC_GUY

WKR
I have one and it is good, I have problem with the Elevation Turret, I could zero stop , call Vortex they me another one and I works fine. I believe, I was a quality control issue.

Bigty50

FNG
I have one and it is good, I have problem with the Elevation Turret, I could zero stop , call Vortex they me another one and I works fine. I believe, I was a quality control issue.
Hey PRC guy, are you a 6.5 or 300 prc guy?

Bigty50

FNG
I put that vortex LHT 3-15 on my 6.5 PRC
Perfect! Do you ever find you are missing any magnification on the top end? I’ve never hunted with anything over 14x but have a 5-25x pst Gen 2 FFP on an ar-10 in 6.5 creedmor. Im debating between the 3-15 and the 4.5-22 lht.

PRC_GUY

WKR
Perfect! Do you ever find you are missing any magnification on the top end? I’ve never hunted with anything over 14x but have a 5-25x pst Gen 2 FFP on an ar-10 in 6.5 creedmor. Im debating between the 3-15 and the 4.5-22 lht.
I had that 3-15 because vortex didn’t have the same with 4-22 LHT, I hope vortex will make one 2-24-52 with 34 mm tube like th leupold VX6 HD.

I have one on a custom 7mm rem mag and so far have loved it! Shot my bear at 728 yards this spring, a deer at 78 yards, and an elk at 467 yards this fall with it. It performed flawlessly in all those situations.
I will say that it's 80% perfect, but with anything, there's things I'd like to see changed. The magnification ring is so hard to turn that it takes real commitment to dial mag in and out.
I also don't like the windage knob. I really like dialing wind in second focal plane scopes if I have time and the windage turrets leave a lot to be desired. My final complaint is something that hasn't happened to me because I run neoprene sleeves and rifle covers often, but I could see the lift to twist turret system becoming frozen or clogged/gummed up if one wasn't careful.
Overall it's fantastic, and I absolutely recommend them, just be aware of it's shortcomings and make sure they're not deal breakers for you

BCD

WKR
I have one on a 308 and really like it so far. I'll be honest I'm looking for a new scope for my 300 WSM and am nervous to buy another for a hard recoiling magnum just based on reading about Vortex failures over the years.

I have one on a 308 and really like it so far. I'll be honest I'm looking for a new scope for my 300 WSM and am nervous to buy another for a hard recoiling magnum just based on reading about Vortex failures over the years.
With the recent price increase on the LHT, your options from a price point just increased with the added benefit of improved reliability.

Small stretch of the budget to get a NF NXS or NX8 and the Trijicon Credo is right there.