Vortex Razor vs Leupold BX-5 vs Maven B.2

Hey all, having trouble deciding between the binos listed above. Has anyone compared these 3? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I’m also starting the search for a new set of Binos this season. I’ve spent countless hours behind glass on mountain sides in the northwest but am no expert in judging all aspect of what makes a great set of glass. With that being said one thing I have defiantly learned is that not everyone sees each set the same. Yesterday I was able to compare the BX-5 in a 12x50 and a Razor HD 12x50 and didn’t think very highly of the Bx-5s. However I only was able to glass in a parking lot in optimal light. Personally I like the color contrast of the leicas for having deer stand on the hillside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
i read on a birding site that the Maven B1 and Leupold BX-5 are the same except for the armor and eye cups. The exception is the 15x56 where the Maven B4 and Leupold BX5 are the same.

ande7824

Lil-Rokslider
i read on a birding site that the Maven B1 and Leupold BX-5 are the same except for the armor and eye cups. The exception is the 15x56 where the Maven B4 and Leupold BX5 are the same.
Which site? Can you post a link? Id be interested in reading

What was the exception with the 15x56? Maven better I’m guessing?

AlaskaEd

WKR
The exception was The naming. Maven doesn’t do 15x56 in the B1 so Leupold 15x56 is the same as the B4, not in the quality. According to them anyway.

Makes sense what they say. They are similar specs, and have similar “street” prices. The 15x56s are exactly the same specs other than coatings it seems.

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
I see the BX-5 in the larger 10x50 is available for under 1k. I'm looking for input on these. I don't think I can find anything for that price? Maybe used clean Conquest?

I have the Maven B2s in 9x45 - won them at a local SCI Fundraiser. I’m a big fan of 9x - they are a nice glass but a bit big and clunky. To my eyes they are optically about equal to the Razors. Don’t have any experience with the Leupolds. IMO the Nikon HGs are a better glass in virtually every way - edge-to-edge clarity, FOV, depth, and especially ergonomics/handling. They’re nowhere near as rugged as my Leicas or sharp as my Zeiss Victory, but doubt I’d be “painin” for either if I took the HGs on a hunt.

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
Nikon HGs are legit. Good find. Won’t regret them.
Just got these. Spent yesterday and today glassing around the tight, densely tree populated neighborhood like a creeper. Dang are these HG's nice. Razor sharp and that focus lock is money. I can focus 'through' the depth of trees. I've not been able to do something like that before. Couldn't be happier.

I’m also starting the search for a new set of Binos this season. I’ve spent countless hours behind glass on mountain sides in the northwest but am no expert in judging all aspect of what makes a great set of glass. With that being said one thing I have defiantly learned is that not everyone sees each set the same. Yesterday I was able to compare the BX-5 in a 12x50 and a Razor HD 12x50 and didn’t think very highly of the Bx-5s. However I only was able to glass in a parking lot in optimal light. Personally I like the color contrast of the leicas for having deer stand on the hillside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had a chance to compare the Razor HD and Leupold BX-5, but sounds like if you can get both for same price you would lean towards Razor HD's?