Vortex SPARC SOLAR

IW17

FNG
Thanks for the review. This looks right up my ally. Does this come with an auto brightness setting? Or is that a manual function only? Also did you try snapping the two lens covers together when you shot? I have the sparc ar and the floppy rubber lens covers are a gripe for me as well. Not the end of the world, but not ideal either.

6xSquatch

FNG
I run one on a backpack .300. So far no complaints.
At first was not impressed with the build quality, but after talking to Vortex, apparently the angled objective lense is part of the design... although I still am a skeptic. All that to say it hasn't failed me yet and holds zero lol.

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the review. This looks right up my ally. Does this come with an auto brightness setting? Or is that a manual function only? Also did you try snapping the two lens covers together when you shot? I have the sparc ar and the floppy rubber lens covers are a gripe for me as well. Not the end of the world, but not ideal either.
There are 10 illumination settings. Didn’t notice an auto setting but seems to stay where I last left it. The caps do snap together but since they are situated on the right side they can still be in the way of the action as they don’t want to stay snapped to the battery cover at all times.

Last edited:
Do you have any pictures from the front of the sight of the mirror/glare that come from the SPARC? It seems all of these red dots look like a single Oakley sunglass lens and would alert any turkey particularly when the sun is out. Do come with a sunshade tube or killflash?
Thanks

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you have any pictures from the front of the sight of the mirror/glare that come from the SPARC? It seems all of these red dots look like a single Oakley sunglass lens and would alert any turkey particularly when the sun is out. Do come with a sunshade tube or killflash?
Thanks
I will try and get you some pictures and check for glare. No sunshade or killflash.