Vortex Viper HD 10x42 - cabela's black friday edition

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
There have been a few threads about the Cabela's Viper HD models that they sell every black friday for $299. Seems like a great deal, athough they appear to be a special run of the older model and have a smaller FOV than the newer model.

Besides the older specs regarding FOV, does anyone know how they compare optically in other ways to the current Viper binocular model?

JGRaider

WKR
I think they're a steal for that money. I don't think you'd come close to the performance for $300. If you buy them on Mondays you can get an additional 15% off, making them around $250.

These reviews are interesting IMO:

w.travis

FNG
I agree with the above. I have used both the newest generation Viper HD 10x42 and the current Cabela's version Viper HD 10x42, which is the same exact thing as the previous generation Viper HD. I actually bought one a couple weeks ago. Year of manufacture on box is 2020 and assembled in Philippines.

You really can't beat it for $300. Before the newest generation Viper HD, this same bin was in the $500-$600 price range.

This is the model # VPR-4210-HD

You can see from the Cabela's link and the Vortex Optics link, they are the SAME bin. You can also see the old MSRP ($649.99) at the Vortex link and read all the old raving reviews.

matthewmt

WKR
I think they're a steal for that money. I don't think you'd come close to the performance for $300. If you buy them on Mondays you can get an additional 15% off, making them around $250.

These reviews are interesting IMO:
Just a purchase from cabelas on monday gets this deal?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

cmm1246

FNG
I’m looking at getting a new pair and am looking to spend in this range. How do these compare to the Diamondbacks or C.1s? Which of the three would you recommend?

Sandstrom

WKR
I’m looking at getting a new pair and am looking to spend in this range. How do these compare to the Diamondbacks or C.1s? Which of the three would you recommend?
I couldn’t tell a difference between the older viper and the c.1. I ended up with the vipers because they were slightly cheaper.
Ryan

Just in case someone is interested I have a current gen 10x42 viper with the glass pack bino harness and the regular neck strap.