Vortex Viper HD 12x50

OzarkOaks

FNG
Looking to possibly purchase these for backpack hunting out west. I am currently running Steiner Military Marine 8x30's for the Ozarks. Since I own a pair of 8 power's I was looking to skip over the 10 powers and purchase 12 powers. Trying to stay below $600 for binoculars. Steiner does not sell any 12 power binoculars. Does anybody know why they are not building a 12 power?

How is glassing off a tripod with 12's for game? Any feedback from users running the vipers?

nobody

WKR
Never been impressed with Viper's. They're not as good as their price suggests, leave lots to be desired with edge to edge clarity and don't do a great job of gathering light. Got a buddy who gave up glassing 20 minutes before the rest of us did because he was straining so hard to see anything in the bottom of this canyon we were watching this fall. They compare to most other brands' $250 binoculars, IMO. If you've just gotta have Vortex, the Diamondback HD's are a better value, though still extremely underwhelming.

I would suggest looking at the Maven C.3's for what you want. SIGNIFICANTLY superior to the Viper's, comparable to most stuff that's around 2-3 times the cost because of their business model. Call them up and try the "test drive" program they have and make your decision that way, I'm sure glad I did!