Votes: 11 6.7%
  • wannakillabigbull

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders
It's time to vote for winner of the Best Elk Photo contest. 1st place-2nd place winners take home...

1) Kifaru $750 Gift Certificate
2) Rokslide Kill Kit

If you missed the entry thread, it's here 2018 Best Bull Elk Photo Contest, sponsored by Kifaru

The Rokslide staff just voted on the top TEN finalists based on the entry rules. Now it's the Rokslide members' turns to pick the two winners.

Here are the rules we judged the finalists by:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the horn tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the animal, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.
4) Must be a photo of an elk harvested in 2018

Please vote on the photos in the poll at the top of the thread (Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you want to vote.) I'll only be using the official poll to award the winners- comment votes won't count (write Tapatalk a letter- they're the one's making it hard.)

I'll leave the poll open until approximately December 26th. Any member can vote once, and if you're in the contest, go ahead and vote on your own if you want to (we can't stop you anyway!)

Here are the finalists in no particular order. Cast your vote in the poll using the member's name listed at top of each photo:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bulldawg
b1a52a93ca33f918b22ee42fcb206602.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I can’t believe how many more entries you all put up this year! It was tough to narrow it down. We wanted to put up 13 finalists but the poll will only allow ten. It was hard to eliminate those last three!

Can’t wait to see what you all vote on.

twall13

WKR
There were some great bulls taken and some awesome photos this year. Well done everyone, I always enjoy these photo threads.

OFFHNTN

WKR
Some of these are very surprising to me based on the criteria.
Good luck to all!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
For 1st Place, the $750 Kifaru Gift Certificate
attachment.php

Jr8fish

aaa6438a01d2b6ce3ce73510fb19ab1d.jpg

For 2nd place and the Rokslide Kill Kit

Jon Boy

7feaf5e95bd39c700ee1032efd3de12c.jpg

WOW! not even a picture of an elk in these photos. It's pretty easy to see how Rokslide members envision the perfect elk hunt!

Winners, please follow the instructions in the post below to claim your prizes.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
To claim your prize, post on here AND send me an email at [email protected] by January 4th! (scammers, I'll check the email against the member's registered email, so save us some time and don't even try)

Thanks again everyone