Please Vote on 2023 Best Elk Photo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That's awesome, thanks @robby denning! I think I'm all set on shelters, so I'll take the $1,000 to the Kifaru store.

Glad a bunch of people enjoyed the photo, and really appreciate all of the kind comments and messages from those who reached out! Pretty fun story of two of us packing pretty deep into the backcountry with a couple llamas for a good chunk of September, having a blast chasing bulls, finding a bighorn deadhead in the middle of a stalk and then ultimately closing the deal on a good bull. If folks would be interested, I'll find some time to type up the story and share it. Thanks again!
you're welcome and we'd love to hear the story.

Hit me in the PM box with your email and I'll intro you to the Kifaru people!

So the Kifaru Tipi goes to @HoytHntr4

Then the Phone Skope kit goes to @cprentice32

and the Iron Will Knife to @snowymtnwolf

I'll need a PM from everyone with an email address...

thanks all, best Elk photo contest ever!

That's awesome, thanks @robby denning! I think I'm all set on shelters, so I'll take the $1,000 to the Kifaru store.

Glad a bunch of people enjoyed the photo, and really appreciate all of the kind comments and messages from those who reached out! Pretty fun story of two of us packing pretty deep into the backcountry with a couple llamas for a good chunk of September, having a blast chasing bulls, finding a bighorn deadhead in the middle of a stalk and then ultimately closing the deal on a good bull. If folks would be interested, I'll find some time to type up the story and share it. Thanks again!
When my wife looked through the pics, she saw yours and was like "Damn, that's a cool pic." I informed her that you were leading the polls :LOL:

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider

Congrats man! And yeah , I think I speak for more than jsut myself on this one.. would love to hear the story if u can make some time to write something up!

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
Some awesome pictures! Dang! I can say I’m not a fan of the pictures where people are getting “cute” with the camera. Give me an awesome grip and grin. @BK Peterson , that’s so danged cool!!!! You get my

Some awesome pictures! Dang! I can say I’m not a fan of the pictures where people are getting “cute” with the camera. Give me an awesome grip and grin. @BK Peterson , that’s so danged cool!!!! You get my vote.

Some awesome pictures! Dang! I can say I’m not a fan of the pictures where people are getting “cute” with the camera. Give me an awesome grip and grin. @BK Peterson , that’s so danged cool!!!! You get my vote.
I agree dronr shots and long exposure night shots really have no place in the contest when did this shit become so artsy?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I agree dronr shots and long exposure night shots really have no place in the contest when did this shit become so artsy?
same in the MD contest, not one grip & grin placed in winners.

People might be looking for something different these days than just the G&Gs. IMO that's not a bad thing.

Makes it more about the animal hunted and the experience than the hunter.

👊

Thanks for the info. I'll take it into consideration.

He could have done that in one picture. My mule deer photo from last year was one loooong shutter click. I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to layer multiple photos. Luckily I am resourceful enough to figure out how to light the foreground. It took many takes making adjustments but it turned out.

98a87155234ab8a31c6619d023f22359.jpg

This one is one shutter click too.

a52670bf29364ad240e8952509d21bfa.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't even realize there was an elk hunting photo contest until I posted my picture on my own social media after my hunt and 3 separate people told me to enter it here. I wasn't part of this community prior to that and I really have no need for it now. Just a bunch of unsuccessful losers sitting behind their computer screens bitching and crying and tearing other people down. Glad this was my last contest entry because you guys suck.
This community is worse than FB, which I despise. I thought as hunters we were all together against those that wanted to tear us down and end hunting...now I see the poison runs rampant within this community and the anti-hunters will win in the end because of all the negativity and disjointedness. F*ckin sad.
I don’t know why you’re so upset, somebody questioned your photo and I think we got it all straightened out. I haven’t seen any blowback once people understood the rules. I thought you got more support & heck you got third place in a very competitive contest on a very competitive year. And the guy you quoted if you look, I answered him. Some people like grip &grins, but the voting this year didn’t agree with him for sure.

We’re not always gonna agree around here, nobody’s attacking you, just stating their opinion. You’re throwing far more shade than anyone threw at you from the posts that I saw.

Did you see I answered PM about prize claim the other day?

Jethro

WKR
Unfortunate end to a good contest. As 1 of the 60 sucky losers that voted for @cprentice32, I hate to see his last post. 73K members, foolish to think everyone is going to have the same opinion. That'd be boring too. Can't be thinned skin if want to surf social media.

For the record I think a photo contest is the perfect time to be artsy, creative, and use photographic experience/technology. JMO

The Rokslide staff just voted on the 2023 finalists based on the rules in the entry thread

Now it's Rokslide members' turn to pick the winners.
Kifaru has upped their game and put up TWO BIG PRIZES for 1st & 2nd Place. It will be winner’s choice (meaning 1st place gets first choice of the Kifaru gear).

Our friends at Kifaru have put up a A Kifaru 8-man Tipi this year!!!! Don't need the tipi? Then take a $1,000 Credit in the Kifaru Store (no spouse permission needed, just spend it!)
2nd place takes the unclaimed prize.

And for 3rd place, long-time sponsor
Phone Skope stepped up with a great prize package:

-Phone Skope Case
-Phone Skope C3 Optic Adapter
-Phone Skope Lens Cap
-Bino Loops
-Cleaning Cloth

Rounding out 4th place, Iron Will Outfitters is in for a Custom Engraved K2 Ultralight Skinning Knife (review by @Jared Bloomgren here)

Please vote on the photos in the poll at the top of the thread (Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you'd like to vote.)

Only Rokslide members with accounts registered by 12/28/23 will be counted towards winners (the fairest way to pick a winner), although those late votes will still show up in the poll.

We'll leave the poll open until approximately the evening of Sunday January 14th.

Please, only one vote per person. If you think you can rig it by creating multiple member user names and voting, @Jskaanland is all over you! If you're caught voting more than once, all your votes are disqualified.

Also, if you made the finalist list, go ahead and vote on your own photo, but remember if you try to vote with multiple user names, your photo will be pulled from the contest.

Here are the finalists in no particular order. Cast your vote in the poll using the member's name listed at top of each photo.

(if you made the finalist list and are an instagram user, PM @robby denning your user name if you'd like to be tagged on Rokslide's IG Post on this contest)

@snowymtnwolf
View attachment 648784

@cprentice32
View attachment 648785

@Thee_rt
View attachment 648786

@Yon181
View attachment 648787

@TN731
View attachment 648789

@HoytHntr4
View attachment 648790

@Hank
View attachment 648791

@COTubbs
View attachment 648792

@BK Peterson
View attachment 648794

@thegoosano
View attachment 648800
Awesome photos

Those are some great photos. Hard to choose. The amount of success captured in these photos is incredible.

Bradverbs

FNG
This website often reminds me that I’m bad at hunting. Fortunately, now it also reminds me I’m bad at photography

These bulls and the shots are just amazing (love the stars)