WA State Senate Passes Bill to Ban Sale of Large Capacity Magazines

Looks like all the Californians that have been moving to Washington the last few decades are finally starting to turn the place into Commiefornia. This bill still needs to make it through the House to get to the Governor's desk but it's not looking great.

Time for a photo op with all my "large capacity mags"

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
To legally own a "large capacity" magazine, you have to have photographic evidence of owning it before the effective date of the legislation if it passes.

Wonder if I could go down to the local gun store and take pics with every AR mag and pistol mags they have available...cover all my potential future purchases

To legally own a "large capacity" magazine, you have to have photographic evidence of owning it before the effective date of the legislation if it passes.

Wonder if I could go down to the local gun store and take pics with every AR mag and pistol mags they have available...cover all my potential future purchases
That way your name is on yet another "list".

Reminds me of that scene on "Red Dawn" when the commie leader tells his subordinate to grab all the records from the sporting goods stores for local gun ownership...

ODB

WKR
That way your name is on yet another "list".

Reminds me of that scene on "Red Dawn" when the commie leader tells his subordinate to grab all the records from the sporting goods stores for local gun ownership...

Yup. Given the makeup of the Seattle city council, it’s not far off…

Devilfish

FNG
Washington is a beautiful place with lots to offer. But the government there has been chipping away at all our freedom for decades now, and the politicians aren't about to quit. Once you're East of the Cascades it's like a different world. Mostly very Conservative Freedom Loving People that just want to be left alone, but unfortunately the State government sets the rules there also 😡

Seems like it's OK to occupy an entire district in Seattle, do mass property damage, assault innocent people, and attack the police. I really wonder how many of those degenerates were actually arrested and charged for those crimes?

Washington is a beautiful place with lots to offer. But the government there has been chipping away at all our freedom for decades now, and the politicians aren't about to quit. Once you're East of the Cascades it's like a different world. Mostly very Conservative Freedom Loving People that just want to be left alone, but unfortunately the State government sets the rules there also 😡

Seems like it's OK to occupy an entire district in Seattle, do mass property damage, assault innocent people, and attack the police. I really wonder how many of those degenerates were actually arrested and charged for those crimes?
Very few unfortunately... This current administration won't even lable them domestic terrorists. They prefer to coddle them and their lawlessness.

The same thing is happening in many Blue states with large metro areas. Minnesota, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania, etc... The metro is voting for the entire state when the folks outside of these huge urban areas often have very disparate value systems and beliefs.

Having just read the bill, the verbiage speaks to by-standers not having the ability to intervein during a shooting, when the shooter pauses to reload. A 10 round limit will offer more opportunity to thwart killings during the reload.......

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
It’s not JUST this bill, boys and girls. This is one of an endless movement by the pinko commie bastards that have infiltrated our govt. I strongly suggest if you folks want to save this great country, you get off the proverbial arse and start getting involved with movements that are trying to save this country. Pick an area of concern that speaks to you and get out there and get em!
We can sit and gripe all we want on a forum, but we gotta get involved like the Canadian trucker have.
If that movement comes to America, get out there and physically support those patriots. The more people we get involved on our side, the quicker we’ll get this mess turned around.

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
It’s not JUST this bill, boys and girls. This is one of an endless movement by the pinko commie bastards that have infiltrated our govt. I strongly suggest if you folks want to save this great country, you get off the proverbial arse and start getting involved with movements that are trying to save this country. Pick an area of concern that speaks to you and get out there and get em!
We can sit and gripe all we want on a forum, but we gotta get involved like the Canadian trucker have.
If that movement comes to America, get out there and physically support those patriots. The more people we get involved on our side, the quicker we’ll get this mess turned around.

Yep. SB 5217 is also proposed which would ban just about all semi-automatic rifles in Washington unless possessed prior to the effective date of the bill. Still in committe though.

Wvroach

WKR
I'm bumping this back up, for those that don't already know. This bill has based the house and is now headed to the governor's desk.

From my understanding you have until July before it goes into effect. You are able to purchase standard capacity magazines still as of now and I would strongly suggest you do so.

I hope some organizations within Washington state will oppose this and take it to federal court, but I have no faith in them either.

Does it also ban possession of mags over 10 rds? Tried to look at the legal jargon but it might as well be chinese. I live near the border and my in laws have a farm in washington, so im often in the state and have my utah CHL. Trying to understand if i will actually have to have to swap my 12rd mag for the 10rd in my pistol when i visit lol. Im assuming i will have to, so dumb

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
Language that dictated ownership and transport of "large capacity magazines" was removed in the final bill. The final can be found in the link below. It's the "engrossed substitute" under Bill Documents. The link below that includes a brief fact sheet as well, probably easier to digest the info from it.

Language that dictated ownership and transport of "large capacity magazines" was removed in the final bill. The final can be found in the link below. It's the "engrossed substitute" under Bill Documents. The link below that includes a brief fact sheet as well, probably easier to digest the info from it.

Thanks. But as a WA nonres, would i be "importing" if i enter Washington with my 12rd mag after july? Kinda sounds like it

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
Thanks. But as a WA nonres, would i be "importing" if i enter Washington with my 12rd mag after july? Kinda sounds like it
My interpretation is that bringing a 11+ rd mag into the state for personal use is still totally legal since it's legal to possess them still.

If you were bringing them into the state to sell, then yes it would then be illegal.

Yoder

WKR
Having just read the bill, the verbiage speaks to by-standers not having the ability to intervein during a shooting, when the shooter pauses to reload. A 10 round limit will offer more opportunity to thwart killings during the reload.......
My shot to shot reload time is under 2 seconds from concealment and I'm mediocre at best. They should watch a video of Jerry Miculek reloading a revolver. By-standers are all going to be cowering in a corner trying to not get shot anyway.

I used to get anxious about new gun laws, now I just don't care. I'm not turning in anything or registering anything. I never bought any guns from the government so the buy back won't work for me either.