Waders

Hey not sure if anyones asked this recently but im interested in buying a pair of waders for duck hunting. The few hunters ive asked about waders both had the same thing to say, they buy a new pair every other year or so and they refuse to spend sitka prices. I dont mind spending extra cash if im buying a quality product that lasts. Thanks for the suggestions

Skip waders made for hunting. No one can seem to get them right. They will leak or rip easily.
Look at ll bean, simms, and orvis. I have been using a $400 pair of ll beans for years, hunting and fishing, and they have been great. And it’s easier to layer under the breathable types. Most are a earth tone, which works for me

Depends on how u are hunting. Flooded timber walk-in vs pit style hunting where u are walking through clean water and in the water very little.

I wouldn’t pay that for for the Sitka unless u get a huge discount, like half off.

Im going to be hunting public land in northeast ohio and northwest pennsylvania. Never been duck or goose hunting before so im going to have to scout first and see what would be the best hunting spot and set up

I asked this question awhile back and got a few good suggestions.

I asked this question awhile back and got a few good suggestions.

Thanks!

I've been abusing waders for a few minutes now, and I think that you can't go wrong with Redington and Simms. The Redington waders aren't as expensive, and that probably has to do with the 1 year warranty. From what me and my fly fishing buddies experience, they're wonderful waders. Everyone loves Simms, and they're great but pricey.

The new Patagonia waders have some stoked users out here on the Michigan streams, but we'll see how they hold up. Their warranty sounds great, but in the past it's been pretty lame.

I also have a cheap pair of neoprenes for stationary winter fishing/hunting. 🤷‍♂️
Personally, I'm selling my new pair of Redingtons to finally bite the bullet on Simms because they have a camo pair and I just can't help myself.

Simms Freestones. I've had a few pairs and they've all held up well over the years. Their boots are great too.

I have the Simms G3 camo Size XLS that I used on my 2019 moose hunt last year that worked great. I am going to post them up for sale pretty soon. Size 12 stalking boot.

Attachments

• C8103600-CC24-48BB-AE30-9881425BC32B.jpeg
    C8103600-CC24-48BB-AE30-9881425BC32B.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 7AB59393-57A1-4455-8BBB-F822EE792131.jpeg
    7AB59393-57A1-4455-8BBB-F822EE792131.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 955D5C8D-D1F1-46DB-9F30-2DA06C50ED9D.jpeg
    955D5C8D-D1F1-46DB-9F30-2DA06C50ED9D.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 10
You’re not gonna beat a pair of Simms waders IMO. Just a great American made product. I’m partial to a stocking foot/wading boot combo. Boot foot waders like to spring leaks along the seams for me.

If you do want a “hunting specific wader” (to me that’s just a marketing term—waterproof britches are waterproof britches) I would recommend cabelas northern flight. A lot of my buddies swear by them. Warranty is excellent (or it least it used to be).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabelas has great waders. Used a pair for a few season with no holes. If you do though you can bring them in and get a 1 for 1 refund. A buddy of mine does it ever season regardless if there is a hole or not

Back