Walk behind mower for trails

Creed28

FNG
Looking around for a mower to use in my woods, just got it logged so by next few years it should get pretty thick. Just wondering what other people do for trails and if u use a mower what kind. Trails will be for deer also for access to stand locations.

One of the guys in my whitetail lease had a DR brush mower. Worked great for tall grass and could take down some brush and saplings. We used it and a chainsaw to keep logging roads open to walk in/out and take the quad for picking up deer. Made life a lot easier.

This count?
IMG_20140809_143225_870.jpg
You're still behind the mower.

In all seriousness I don't know where you are or the exact situation. But I do yearly work for people. Might be easier to hire it out. Find someone close by with a small tractor and bush hog. Get them to do it end of July or first part of August.

I’m in Michigan, have a brush hog with tractor, just looking for something small to go through my hinge cut areas.

ATV with swisher pull behind mower. Can find the swisher mowers on Craigslist from time to time at reasonable prices. Not the walk behind you are looking for but the other option that comes to mind is the DR mower, as mentioned above. If cost is a real concern a backpack sprayer with roundup works, too.

I’m in Michigan, have a brush hog with tractor, just looking for something small to go through my hinge cut areas.

Then maybe just a weed eater with a brush blade. I haven't ever thought a lot of the dr products. I have seen something similar that had a sickle mower on the front. I think if you could keep it from clogging up it would be pretty good.

Then maybe just a weed eater with a brush blade.

This plus a backpack sprayer of roundup has worked for me.

The deer seem to like my trails. I frequently bump one or two when heading to a stand in the dark. I still can't decide if my trail is a good idea or not.

This is the one I’m considering, anyone every use one of these?

Attachments

• 028FFB05-D5D6-4154-B69C-B319B49A77E4.png
    028FFB05-D5D6-4154-B69C-B319B49A77E4.png
    403.1 KB · Views: 16
Never used the one you have shown but I have a DR mower and it works great. Highly recommend DR mowers for trails and brush cutting. Works just like a brush hog on a tractor only a smaller width cut.

We have used a Fuerst pull behind brushog mower for years on our deer lease. It will cut anything up to about 2 inches. Its similar to a Swisher mower. We pull it behind an ATV.

Back