Walk Tent Doors

hunterjmj

WKR
After 32 years of use the Zipper on my wall tent failed. The timing sucked because we had negative temps and high winds. We did a caveman stitch with paracord and made it work but now I'm going to have to fix it. I've been thinking of ways to install a 30" thin plywood door that the frame attaches to the canvas with Velcro and some bolts. I have a few ideas that I think will work. Going in and out of the tent using the zipper has always been a real pia and a new zipper could fail at anytime. Anyone out there done anything besides a zippered entryway? 11BD4081-E568-4F7D-97B5-EBAC603D6656.jpeg

B

Brando'

Man the exact same thing happened to me. I was also considering new zipper alternatives. I like your idea. Have you made any prototypes yet?

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Man the exact same thing happened to me. I was also considering new zipper alternatives. I like your idea. Have you made any prototypes yet?
Not until this snow lets up. As soon as it warms up I'm going to set it up and get to work on it. There is a canvas shop in town I talked to that is going to do the sewing. I'll keep this updated.

sndmn11

WKR
Hundreds of times.

Don't use Velcro. Use seat belt webbing to face your door cut out; fender washers and screws through that into the door frame is all you need.