Wannabe Pilots

AlaskaEd

WKR
If your looking to get your pilots license sometime in the future, King’s is doing 21% off all their courses until April 9 with the code “spring”. Perfect time to go through the ground school while you’re sitting at home. No affiliation, but I’ve used them for my IFR and I think they do a great job.

jb1842

FNG
I've heard it said that guys have fallen asleep with Martha in their beds more than she has with John. I used Gleim for my private, but it was pretty dry. It got the job done, though.

bbell

WKR
Would love to learn how to fly someday. Will probably do a discovery flight this spring. Still a couple years out from being able to actually commit to any training. Not sure I would get to the point of using a plane for hunting but you never know. AlaskaEd, do you use your flying for outdoor stuff, other fun, or just career flying?

OP
A

AlaskaEd

WKR
I just use my plane for fun and training right now, but outdoor stuff when I get it set up a little better. I’m pursuing a commercial license to get paid to fly in the future. Pretty crappy timing right now for pilot jobs though.

If you want to do it, then make it happen. Tons of folks always talk about how they want to and they’ll do it in the future, or they don’t have time/money right now, or whatever other reason, but then never get started.

Last edited:

bbell

WKR
Good to hear. And appreciate the encouragement. That advice rings true with a lot of things