Wapiti bows?

I like mine quite a bit. They have a very smooth draw with minimal stacking. The shot is a ''wooosh'' with minimal vibration. The limbs are almost like an OG super recurve. Keith is a good dude too.

Attachments

• Wapiti.jpg
    Wapiti.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Wapiti1.jpg
    Wapiti1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Wapiti2.jpg
    Wapiti2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Wapiti3 - Copy.jpg
    Wapiti3 - Copy.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Wapiti3.jpg
    Wapiti3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Wapiti23 (1).jpg
    Wapiti23 (1).jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 29

sveltri

WKR
All of mine were FF capable, so no issues there. I have one longbow that the finish on the riser is sub par, I believe that is due to the oil in that wood. The others have had no finish issues.

Have you guys used them with fast flight strings? How well does that finish hold up? Any thing you’d change or dislike?

Mine is older and is not FF compatible. Keith didn't focus on finishes so much, so it won't have the finish as a timberghost or BW even, his are more of a tool than a work of art. The first dude to do a super slam used a Wapiti.

You can see in my pics the finish, it looks almost the same as when it was made in 2003.

RCL

WKR
I purchased a bow from Keith about 10 years ago and have no complaints.
The finish is not as refined as some of my other bows,

oldgoat

WKR
Have you guys used them with fast flight strings? How well does that finish hold up? Any thing you’d change or dislike?
Keith isn't a fan of fast flight, a lot of his bows were built not fast flight compatible, so if buying used or even if buying new, verify before you buy. Mine was Fast Flight compatible and it was a very fast bow. Give rmsgear a call, they sell bows for him and always have some on the rack it seems, and they are experts on them!

OP
S

Sheepdog

FNG
You can see in my pics the finish, it looks almost the same as when it was made in 2003.
Thanks pagemaster that’s what I was looking for. It doesn’t look as “nice” as silky smooth gloss finish but seemed to have a nice “sticky” texture I liked about the couple I held. I just wondered how well it holds up.

I have one longbow that the finish on the riser is sub par, I believe that is due to the oil in that wood.
Can you explain what about it was subpar?

OP
S

Sheepdog

FNG
Thanks oldgoat. RMSG is were I saw them. They have a lot of them, which could be a good or a bad thing. Im thinking about getting one made so I’m looking for any experience with them I can from as many people as I can. I have only held a couple is the shop. I haven’t shot one yet. Just trying to decide if it’ll be my next bow or not.

oldgoat

WKR
Thanks oldgoat. RMSG is were I saw them. They have a lot of them, which could be a good or a bad thing. Im thinking about getting one made so I’m looking for any experience with them I can from as many people as I can. I have only held a couple is the shop. I haven’t shot one yet. Just trying to decide if it’ll be my next bow or not.
Well, they are one bow that I kind of feel might be best bought used, you may or may not like what Keith conjures up. And since you live here in the area, I'd wait till one gets in the shop that you know you like. And go shoot some either way, and get one that's Fast Flight compatible!

The biggest complaint other than the finish, is the grips. I liked my Robertson grip a lot better than the Wapiti. If you like the grip I don't think you would be unhappy.

Lprough

FNG
I’ve always been interested in them but the narrow limb tips made me a bit nervous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ddog

WKR
Great shooters, smooth all the way back and nice mass for stability. Finish on mine was fine for banging around CO and MI

sveltri

WKR
The last one he built for me I had him customize the grip to be more like the grip on a Samick Sage, per Tom Clum's recommendation. It was the best grip I had on a Wapiti. It's at the shop if you'd like to shoot it for reference.