Washington Moose

I was fortunate enough to draw an OIL bull moose tag for the Selkirk, unit 113, October 1 - November 30. I'd love to get back in the wilderness and chase a big bull in there, but definitely want to be hunting where the moose are, which perhaps isn't necessarily in the wilderness. I think I'm going to give it a go with the bow for the first few days, before I pull out the rifle. Anyone with information they'd be willing to share about this unit, feel free to PM me. Thank you

JColony

FNG
Congrats!!! I love that unit! Wasted a fair amount of time watching moose while elk hunting up that way, LOL! It's been a number of years since I've been in WA, but always saw tons of moose sign.

MDM23

FNG
Congratulations, good luck! I drew the 49 Degrees North early tag, pretty much the same plan in bow vs gun.

Vaultman

WKR
Huge congrats! I've seen a lot of moose in NE'ern WA. When I was a resident it was a big goal of mine, and when I left, and should have kept applying.
Best of luck to you, and hopefully, come this fall, you will have some pictures to share with the forum!

Congrats on the tag! I think the new state record moose might have came out of that unit last year if I am not mistaken! Hunt it hard

MitchId

FNG
I was fortunate enough to draw an OIL bull moose tag for the Selkirk, unit 113, October 1 - November 30. I'd love to get back in the wilderness and chase a big bull in there, but definitely want to be hunting where the moose are, which perhaps isn't necessarily in the wilderness. I think I'm going to give it a go with the bow for the first few days, before I pull out the rifle. Anyone with information they'd be willing to share about this unit, feel free to PM me. Thank you
I have hunted that area a ton. There are 2 good bull moose in area if interested pm me. Might as well get them before the wolves lol.

Congradulations ! I'm still waiting to be selected

OP
couesbitten
Hey all, thank you for the offers for help and sharing of information. I've been off-line a lot the past two months. My wife and I are building a cabin and it is taking up all of my free time. My son is planning to go with me on this hunt and video the experience, so hopefully I'll have lots of pictures and videos to share.
If Wrench sends me the coordinates for that bull above, I can give everyone a front view of his antlers.