Watch for Alaska

snipe10

FNG
Have a Garmin but thinking of getting a new tool watch for a hunt in Alaska next year that's not digital. Looking at the Citizen Ecozilla, 48mm dive watch with great lume for about $500. Looking at this one as my 60 year old eyes should be able to see it well plus it charges with any light source. Never had a Citizen but the reviews look good. Any other ideas?

OP
S

snipe10

FNG
Update, went with a Marathon Artic Automatic, more after it arrives

AKBorn

WKR
Dang, you guys like nice watches. I have used a $50 Timex for all of my Alaska hunts, worked like a charm and the price was right lol. I am not a collector of fancy things, so that may have factored into my choice. :)

OP
S

snipe10

FNG
Dang, you guys like nice watches. I have used a $50 Timex for all of my Alaska hunts, worked like a charm and the price was right lol. I am not a collector of fancy things, so that may have factored into my choice. :)
Ha, all relative I guess as I know guys that wear $15K Rolex's hunting, I'd rather have another rifle or some new glass.

2531usmc

WKR
I always buy one of those twenty five dollar watches from Walmart. That way, I’m not out anything if I lose it.

Going to see if this thread will revive for a bit more input.

I am wearing a Garmin watch watch on most days. I can't have a "smart" watch for clinical and use a cheap $10 Walmart watch. It is acting up after a few months of use.

I would like to find a decent reasonably priced analog watch, with second hand, to use. Even after clinical. The second hand makes it easier when doing vitals.

wyosteve

WKR
I picked up a Luminox a year or so ago. Primarily because it's not digital and can read the 'time' at night. Around $250 from Midway if I recall. The other thing I liked is it came with interchangeable bands so I could put a webbing type band on it instead of the rubber/plastic type.

Wore a Luminox for years as a young FF so I could see the hands in low light conditions. After switching to a Garmin Fenix I can’t imagine going back to a watch that doesn’t offer all the measuring and tracking features. Especially when in the back country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kpk

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
We were issued Suunto’s as part of the Air Force special warfare kit. Great watches with great features. And the numerals are large enough to read readily.

I can tell you 's the Casio GD350 is one heck of a no non sense watch been known to even outlast some marriages .