Watch out with Backcountry.com returns

fishslap

WKR
I bought two pair of prana zions at backcountry.com. They were the same size as two pair I had from REI but for some reason they were noticeably larger (yes, same exact style). I have no idea why but it was obvious. The "personal gear head" they assigned when I setup my account emailed me back saying they should shrink a little and to wash one pair to test it. Well, they were still too big so I contacted them for the return, put in all of the details, sent them back. I got an email saying they were crediting my CC account. A few months later I was looking back at the credit card statement for another reason and noticed they only credited half the amount (didn't catch it the first time). I called them and they had a bunch of notes on the return saying I returned it "defective", that they had been worn, had pet hair on them, etc. I only tried them on after washing per their instructions and they were returned clean. He said they issued a store credit to me for the washed pair but I never received a notification of any kind on it. The guy on the phone was great and did credit my account so all is good but watch out for returns. Could just be a single occurrence. I would understand the store credit if they would have mentioned it when the first guy told me to wash one pair.