WaterPROOF and not as heavy as Hardscrabbles ??

Sapcut

WKR
Seems like so many good expensive boots will result in wet feet at some point. I have some Kenetrek Hardscrabbles with a little age that leaked this past week in the mountains. Wearing gaiters in the morning due getting wet feet after a while.

I’m looking for a boot that comes with a consistent reputation of being literally waterproof, not too heavy but a bit stiff for good support.

What is the answer to this issue from more experienced Rokkers than me ?

Thanks

Jon_G

WKR
I'm just dropping a comment to see what others have to say.

I will add, however, that I think you may be asking too much if you want a truly waterproof boot that isn't too heavy. I was on the same boat as you where I wanted the lightest boot possible. I couldn't tell you at exactly what point I decided on the Lowa Tibet gtx because they're very, very heavy. After putting them to the test with a heavy pack over rough terrain, they absolutely did not feel as heavy as they are and I couldn't be happier that I was wearing them. I have not found any negative reviews online about them. Everyone will tell you they're heavy but are bomb proof and would recommend them in a heartbeat. Is there one boot that's perfect for everyone? Absolutely not. But I wouldn't trade mine for a lighter boot if that lighter boot couldn't perform as well as the Tibets do.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
Waterproof boots use a membrane sock to waterproof. This membrane always wears out, there isn't one that lasts forever. Waterproof is temporary.
Gracious. They’re mighty expensive to not have a way to repel water from getting they the boot itself.

dtrkyman

WKR
Leather and goretex combo has been the best for me, have a pair of Asolo that have been through the ringer and are still waterproof.

If you get lucky and they have your size in stock the Asolo Europe Hunter EV is a really nice all leather boot. There are already several threads on this boot so you might do a search for them. I bought a pair last year and hunted muledeer and elk season with them. For my elk season it snowed mots of the time I hunted and would melt off during the days when it got sunny. Not a lot of wear so far but never got wet feet and for an all leather boot that aren't that heavy and just a nice boot for $229 bucks.

Might work for you??

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
As noted, waterproofing is a temporary condition. My Tibets leaked at the flex point over the flex point over my big toe.

I think thick leather will do something to help preserve the sock. The Tibets didn’t have particularly thick leather, as I recall, so they flexed more easily. My Hanwag Alaskas have thicker skin I’ve noticed.

I’ve also had Hanwag Ferratas leak on me. Synthetic/ leather blend.