Wayne La Pierre Resigns

Axlrod

WKR
In the late 70s it was odd that the NRA decided to go from a non partisan organization to a republican one. Today 1/3 of gun owners are Democrat, yet the goal hasn’t been to unite all gun owners, but to make gun issues partisan for the benefit of republican politicians. How often is that statistic talked about? Never. Who has pushed this? Billionaire donors (Koch brothers, Harland Crow, etc) who don’t give two turds rolled into little balls about guns, they just want their guys elected to cut taxes for the top tax bracket.

We’ve managed to alienate entire generations of Democrat kids who love to shoot and hunt, who grow up hearing nothing other than gun owners hate democrats. These kids grow up and vote - if you tell someone you don’t like them for two decades, guess who they will vote for.

So, when you’re in line at the sporting goods store buying ammo telling democrat jokes, odds are one of the guys either in front or behind you is a democrat and automatically thinks you’re an ass.
The NRA needs new leadership for sure.
How can you possibly unite people that believe the exact opposite of what you stand for?
ALL of the rabid anti-gun politicians are democrats. You think Chuck Schumer is going to be your friend?
When Hillary was running for president on the campaign trail she was screaming "The supreme court got it wrong on gun control!"
Generations of shooters are voting for gun control because someone doesn't like them?? Seriously?? I don't care what anyone thinks of me for my beliefs. (Hint it is FREEDOM!)

Nice try, but you clearly are here to undermine supporters of the second amendment. And you were just given the ban hammer on Accurate shooter for doing the same.

Last edited:

IdahoBeav

WKR
In the late 70s it was odd that the NRA decided to go from a non partisan organization to a republican one. Today 1/3 of gun owners are Democrat, yet the goal hasn’t been to unite all gun owners, but to make gun issues partisan for the benefit of republican politicians. How often is that statistic talked about? Never. Who has pushed this? Billionaire donors (Koch brothers, Harland Crow, etc) who don’t give two turds rolled into little balls about guns, they just want their guys elected to cut taxes for the top tax bracket.

We’ve managed to alienate entire generations of Democrat kids who love to shoot and hunt, who grow up hearing nothing other than gun owners hate democrats. These kids grow up and vote - if you tell someone you don’t like them for two decades, guess who they will vote for.

So, when you’re in line at the sporting goods store buying ammo telling democrat jokes, odds are one of the guys either in front or behind you is a democrat and automatically thinks you’re an ass.
You're leaving out the fact that Democrats fully embraced the anti-gun agenda.

TaperPin

WKR
Need new leadership for sure.

Don't care what anyone thinks of me. How can you possible unite people that believe the exact opposite of what you stand for? Hint it is FREEDOM!
ALL of the rabid anti-gun politicians are democrats. You think Chuck Schumer is going to be your friend?
When Hillary was running for president on the campaign trail she was screaming "The supreme court got it wrong on gun control!"

Nice try, but you clearly are here to undermine supporters of the second amendment. And you were just given the ban hammer on Accurate shooter for doing the same.
Dude, 1/3 of gun owners are democrats - the domocratic politicians do jump on the anti gun message too much, but you are missing the point that gun owners who happen to be democrats are not your enemy.

kpete

FNG
FPC and GOA are both way more effective than the NRA in my opinion. They are great at posting updates on what they're working on - gives you some actual feedback on what your money is going to!

IdahoBeav

WKR
I‘m not here to change your mind, but you talk about some politicians like they represent all the people of their party. The world doesn’t work like that.
I'm not talking about any politician as if they represent every member of their party, but the liberals that I know have left the Democrat party due to a number of reasons, one of which is gun control, and they don't get offended at jokes about Democrat politicians' positions on gun control.

OP
mi650

mi650

WKR
Dude, 1/3 of gun owners are democrats - the domocratic politicians do jump on the anti gun message too much, but you are missing the point that gun owners who happen to be democrats are not your enemy.
I should have known this was going to spinoff into politics...

But yes, Democrats are absolutely our enemy. Each and every one of them. Yes, many Republicans aren't much better, but these days Democrat = Communist. The MSM may try to spin it, but when I was in the Army Ronald Reagan was my CinC, and I remember all too well.

TaperPin

WKR
To protect gun ownership we don’t need to convince the far left to like guns, they never will, but the people in the middle do matter.

OP
mi650

mi650

WKR
To protect gun ownership we don’t need to convince the far left to like guns, they never will, but the people in the middle do matter.
True, the middle does matter.

But the left already likes guns, as long as they're the only ones who have them.

Hopefully the NRA can correct course and continue to fight for our rights. Despite the recent events, they've done more for the 2A than all other organizations put together.

BBob

WKR
I should have known this was going to spinoff into politics...

But yes, Democrats are absolutely our enemy. Each and every one of them. Yes, many Republicans aren't much better, but these days Democrat = Communist. The MSM may try to spin it, but when I was in the Army Ronald Reagan was my CinC, and I remember all too well.
Absolutely not. I know many Dems that are not happy and do not think like you are broadly categorizing them. Several have become Independents as have some Republicans. Lot's of people are unhappy with both sides. I do know a bunch of leftists and my Dem friends I referenced don't like their (leftist) thoughts anymore than I do. Not every dem is a commie, leftist, progressive Divicive Evil Idiot :)

OP
mi650

mi650

WKR
Absolutely not. I know many Dems that are not happy and do not think like you are broadly categorizing them. Several have become Independents as have some Republicans. Lot's of people are unhappy with both sides. I do know a bunch of leftists and my Dem friends I referenced don't like their (leftist) thoughts anymore than I do. Not every dem is a commie, leftist, progressive Divicive Evil Idiot :)
You said it yourself, and I agree: Those unhappy with the party have left and become independents. I did that too about 15 years ago, except I left the Rs.

I don't have any leftist friends, a few relatives yes. Mostly because they have been lifelong UAW members and went along with the union. An uncle for example, 45 years in the UAW and lifelong dem. (BTW, he changed his tune and voted for Trump.) My stepmother regurgitates whatever BS the UAW spews at her.

The weird thing is whenever I sit down and have a conversation with either of them, as long as I don't mention either party, they agree with my point of view.

Reactions: BLJ

2531usmc

WKR
Looking at some of the reporting coming out of this and it’s pretty stomach churning. Millions of dollars spent on private jet travel, luxury cruises on private yachts, no show contracts funneling money back to him and his cronies.

Granted, this is a Democratic Party hit on the NRA but if even a portion is proven in court WLP will be spending much of his remaining life in prison.

Squincher

WKR
Looking at some of the reporting coming out of this and it’s pretty stomach churning. Millions of dollars spent on private jet travel, luxury cruises on private yachts, no show contracts funneling money back to him and his cronies.

Granted, this is a Democratic Party hit on the NRA but if even a portion is proven in court WLP will be spending much of his remaining life in prison.

This is a civil action, he isn't going to prison.