We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem

Deadfall

WKR
The numbers on this pandemic are way less then others in past. Those had less hysteria...I think too much media...
Booze, heroine, meth, influenza, bird flu, h1n1, the list goes on for active pandemics that been going on for years now.

This thing reminds me of Y2K.

Deadfall

WKR
So why do you think all of the governing bodies are shutting things down. Remember Republicans, Democrats, foreign governments all over the world are all doing the same thing. None of them react like this for the flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Squash hysteria looting. Media really left no choice. Speaking of which just tonight we had a truck park at end of driveway turn lights out and just sit there......we live in nowhereville Montana on a mountain.
The only thing I see spreading is hysteria

brsnow

WKR
Squash hysteria looting. Media really left no choice. Speaking of which just tonight we had a truck park at end of driveway turn lights out and just sit there......we live in nowhereville Montana on a mountain.
The only thing I see spreading is hysteria

the virus was well on it’s way prior to media. Actually China tried to keep it quiet. I have heard the swingers crowd is live and well in Montana perhaps that explains the truck.

Deadfall

WKR
the virus was well on it’s way prior to media. Actually China tried to keep it quiet. I have heard the swingers crowd is live and well in Montana perhaps that explains the truck.
Lmao....that's what I told wife......

Deadfall

WKR
Very true virus was....media has amped it up. Not downplaying it as serious. Just not convinced it's worse then any other pandemic we've been through. Or worse then the ones that have been active for years or decades that we here very little about because they arent invogue anymore

Deadfall

WKR
Wont really bother me much if world ends. One of 2 things gonna happen....I'm either gonna go walk on roads made of gold....Or not have to pay for hunting tag anymore....I'm ok either way....

Wont really bother me much if world ends. One of 2 things gonna happen....I'm either gonna go walk on roads made of gold....Or not have to pay for hunting tag anymore....I'm ok either way....

Okay, so a bit off topic, but why are the streets paved with gold, is it just because it’s so valued to us here on earth? Also, wouldn’t hunting be considered wrong because, aren’t animals gods creatures as well? If hunting is allowed, would god also allow the animals to hunt and kill us? If all of this is true, and all the tags are free, than it sounds like when you die, you’ll get to go to Alaska (except our streets aren’t paved with gold, because all those asshole miners took most of our gold back in the 1890’s). Anyway, I’m just playing devil’s advocate here.

satchamo

WKR
We have flu epidemics every single year world wide, and we have 100's of 1000's that die every year from it. Why does this virus, and the deaths from it, have to be any different?

And every year we hear "But I got the flu shot, why did I get the flu?" And they always say "Because there are new strains of the flu this year, so the vaccine doesn't work on those." Well, this year we got a new strain of virus that we've never seen before and people are getting it, and some people are dying. That sounds pretty familiar to every other year.

When has the flu halted the economy and spread (community spread) to every continent in the world and overwhelmed hospitals in a matter of months?

This is not the flu. I think you are making the argument (and I know it comes from a good place) to make the situation feel more rational or controlled.... but this is not the flu. Calling it that is an attempt to downplay the severity of what we’re dealing with.

Regardless - my only mission in posting here was not to argue about the reach of the disease, it was to argue that our leaderships delays and incompetence have cost us in lives, economic interruption and a country wide fear that is largely because this is so out of control. If our gov’t had acted swiftly and precisely we wouldn’t be having this discussion. We all need to drop our red team vs blue team bullshit and realize this was a huge blunder, hold the ones accountable for it when this is done and learn from it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wonder how long you’re going to hang on to the “this is just another flu” idea. As the bodies pile up, day by day, I’m curious when your opinion will change.

Perhaps when the bodies pile up a lot higher than the bodies that die from the flu every year????? And I never said this is "just another flu". It's actually just another virus.

"The World Health Organization estimates that worldwide, annual influenza epidemics result in about 3-5 million cases of severe illness and about 250,000 to 500,000 deaths."

Given the numbers, I wonder why so many are panicking with this virus, but never even give the 250k-500k flu deaths every year even a thought of consideration. It's amazing the power of the media, and the power of panic.

Last edited:

Deadfall

WKR
Okay, so a bit off topic, but why are the streets paved with gold, is it just because it’s so valued to us here on earth? Also, wouldn’t hunting be considered wrong because, aren’t animals gods creatures as well? If hunting is allowed, would god also allow the animals to hunt and kill us? If all of this is true, and all the tags are free, than it sounds like when you die, you’ll get to go to Alaska (except our streets aren’t paved with gold, because all those asshole miners took most of our gold back in the 1890’s). Anyway, I’m just playing devil’s advocate here.

Lmao....I have no idea. Referencing the book that talks about the apocalypse. Says some will go up and some will stay here. The streets of gold up above are just analogy letting us know that the beauty up there is such we cant even fathom.

If I stay here after the world ends, well ok fine, wont have tags to pay for since the world would be over.

Like to think I would get to go up, but theres lots of folks way more holy or whatever then i am...lol....

Guess point is it dont much matter what goes on in world....

Jauwater

WKR
King James Version Genesis 27:3

“Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;”

Now, wow, what if the commandment changed!? Like instead of the flood, he ordered nature's creatures to hunt us. That's chilling. Good plot for a movie though.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
Perhaps when the bodies pile up a lot higher than the bodies that die from the flu every year????? And I never said this is "just another flu". It's actually just another virus.

"The World Health Organization estimates that worldwide, annual influenza epidemics result in about 3-5 million cases of severe illness and about 250,000 to 500,000 deaths."

Given the numbers, I wonder why so many are panicking with this virus, but never even give the 250k-500k flu deaths every year even a thought of consideration. It's amazing the power of the media, and the power of panic.
Seems like flu death rate in US is 0.1% and it's 1.5% for this virus. It seems much more contagious than flu. The top allergist says 100,000 to 200,000 deaths possible? This could be 2, 4, or 10 times worse than typical 50,000 deaths for the flu. There is no vaccine for this virus yet, either, which adds to the problem and no real remedies, like Tamiflu yet. I got a big giggle yesterday reading a tweet by Rich Lowry on National Review, he said @BernieSanders look what the "crooks" are doing now-deveoping a new, incredibly rapid coronavirus test. Bill

Jauwater

WKR
When they come up with the death rate percentage numbers, is there a number they fit in with the equation of the possible thousands of people that have had coronavirus that are now healed, and we're never tested. Or even the possible thousands of people that have the coronavirus now that haven't been tested? Surely these people are out there. I believe I read that they had patients testing positive for coronavirus in China back in November. So surely alot of people infected went uncounted, you'd have to think anyway. So they must be fitting that on the equation some where to come up with these numbers, right? I mean the flu, we have been testing for a while now. So throughout the years we have alot of statistics, and we can accurately pull a mean number from to come up with a death rate percentage.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Foldem

WKR
My far from expert thought is that the 1% is greatly exaggerated. This has been in the states since New Years without a doubt (deaths in Wuhan around Christmas -12 days puts it out in public in mid-December). There are orders of magnitudes more cases than the reported due to this and lack of testing. Also, low risk symptomatic people have not been and sometimes still are not being tested because it's not worth the test in the US. We are skewing the numbers toward the doom and gloom side just by who we choose to test or not and the jump in the numbers is probably due to a jump in cases, but also a jump in testing.

NEWS FLASH...Nobody in charge has any idea!
Nobody in charge has any idea how this is gonna play out...R or D...they are all guessing.

If your willing to put your faith in anything any politician says after the goat rodeo that's been going on the last month with this virus you need to go get in line and be branded with the rest of the sheep...

Mike7

WKR
No, this isn't the "flu", it is instead the "common cold", although a really bad one for some small percentage-wise group of people.

Please detail the blunders you speak of? It's a frickin pandemic...the unknown is part of what makes it so. Hindsight is always 20-20, but even with that assumption, how would you change things assuming you were king of the world, and given that you can only make decisions on the information in front of you at the time...information which is often vague or even conflicting the earlier you are in the pandemic.

No one knows what the true death rate is, even now, because we don't know how many people have been infected. Additionally, death rates will likely vary between populations and geographical locations based upon a whole host of factors. I suspect the administration is right, that when all is said and done and depending upon the availability of medical staff, ventilators, and medications, this will be less than 10 times the death rate of the flu for the US.

Shut down or die is very likely a false choice. There are various other smarter hybrid options available as we learn more about the virus, and which will likely be what really happens depending upon events on the ground.

IF:
The virus has been here before we were testing.
AND:
We know people are dying from the virus.
THEN:
People were dying from it before we knew what they had.

Just because the case rate is not exact at this moment doesn't mean that people weren't dying from a unknown viral pneumonia or subsequent bacterial pneumonia after recovery.

Epidemiologists have models that take these things into account.