We just got in the new Slik 632. A 22oz, 2 section tripod!

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Roksliders! We have the new Slik 632 in stock. Its a very solid, stable tripod thats perfect for backpack hunting!

Here are the specs:
- Weighs just 22oz
- Adjustable center column that can be flipped
- Sturdy and supports up to 6.6lbs
- Two leg sections make for a quick and easy set up and breakdown.
- 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 thread posts so you can use the wide selection of head
- Load Capacity - 6.6lbs (very conservative)
- Max Height without center column - 29.5in
- Max Height with center column - 37.5in
- Folded Length - 18.8in
- Lowest Height - 4.3in
- Upper Tube: 21.9mm in diameter
- Lower Tube: 18.9mm in diameter

Slik-632-Extended-watermarked (1).jpg

sr80

WKR
I just ordered this the other night, after going back and forth between the tricer and aziak, both looked nice but werent perfect for what i need. Ive been using an outdoorsmans medium (standard) that they no longer make with just the two leg sections. Which i love, and never wanted more than that. This one is damn near identical but over a pound lighter. Looks very sturdy for the weight, 6.6lbs capacity seems very conservative like you said. Cant wait to test er out.

4th_point

WKR
Might be a silly question, but why not get the 634 and simply remove the lower leg sections as needed to save weight? Then reinstall if/when needed depending on anticipated use or terrain?

sr80

WKR
Might be a silly question, but why not get the 634 and simply remove the lower leg sections as needed to save weight? Then reinstall if/when needed depending on anticipated use or terrain?
why would i do that when i can just order one that's out of the box how i want it? The 632 would still end up being lighter weight at 20oz

sr80

WKR
Anyone know the weight of the 624 for comparison to this 632 ?
632 is 22oz
634 is 34oz
624 is 30oz

the carbon fiber legs aren't heavy, the twist locks is where the weight comes from. I've removed leg sections before on tripods and the weight savings from removing the leg sections was minimal. Unless you have a way to remove all the twist locks and cap the bottoms of the legs.

I like the looks of this 632. I primarily use tripods sitting while actually hunting. One leg lock per leg would be quicker and easier to setup as well as save weight. Should also be stiffer.

At 6.6 lbs advertised weight capacity, this seems a little underpowered. I see several have commented thats a minimum “maximal weight capacity” but how much play do most have above the advertised weight capacity?

Seems this would hold a small-medium scope but not support a rifle for most people. Am I wrong about that?

For reference, i have an innorel that will support my body weight, albeit at double the weight of this slik. But i know that thing is solid solid.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
At 6.6 lbs advertised weight capacity, this seems a little underpowered. I see several have commented thats a minimum “maximal weight capacity” but how much play do most have above the advertised weight capacity?

Seems this would hold a small-medium scope but not support a rifle for most people. Am I wrong about that?

For reference, i have an innorel that will support my body weight, albeit at double the weight of this slik. But i know that thing is solid solid.

It’s not for tripod shooting.

Antares

WKR
Just ordered one. Can’t wait to have something stiffer, simpler, and a half pound lighter than my 635.