Weather App for phone - What are you using?

Couldnt find a thread that was recent and apps may have changed since then.

As far as downloadable weather apps for cell phones. What is everyone using? I’ve tried a few but haven’t settled on one yet.

WTFJohn

WKR
Bookmark this link (NOAA Point Forecast), but use the location you're interested in by finding it in the map on the lower right side of the page, or the search bar up top. I've found the point forecasts to be as close to an actual forecast as possible in the mountains.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Storm radar. Clunky to use and you can’t save locations for quick access, painful to to scroll the map and touch a location. Looking for a new one myself.

Storm radar is pretty good (and free). You can save locations that you set to a specific point. It was not very accurate for Wyoming last year, but I think that had more to do with the unpredictable fall weather where we hunted.

Storm radar. Clunky to use and you can’t save locations for quick access, painful to to scroll the map and touch a location. Looking for a new one myself.

If you click the “search” button, it will show all the “starred” locations you saved. After Wyoming last year I looked through a bunch of apps including some pay ones (dark weather) but did not feel like they were any better. But let me know if you do find a better one..

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
I use dark sky for hunting and wildland fire operations. Very accurate and easy to use and includes hyperlocalized weather updates. About $5 on the App Store

UtahJimmy

WKR
I can't find this app. A bunch of other apps come up when I search NOAA weather free..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Sorry, that is what it calls itself once installed. This is the one...
029e3ce1b03172e903e4b2978793d453.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Windy is my favorite. Has all the features you possibly want and nice graphics. Awesome for looking at wind pattern forecasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backyard

WKR
Wunderground for everyday. My Radar to watch storms rolling through. And NWS for detailed weather for a specific loc or weather station like where I elk hunt. Youd be surprised where they plant those little observatory stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Weather - Wunderground, AccuWeather
Precipitation - RadarScope
Wind - Windfinder