Hood / White River Spring Bear

Hi all,

I drew the Hood/ White River Spring Tag and I had just a couple of questions that I can't seem to find the answer to with a forum search, so I thought I'd ask. I could've missed them in the search (I'm researching/ e-scouting at work on my lunch break).

I'm looking, right now, at probably heading out and mixing it with Turkey hunting as I'll be doing Friday afternoons through Sunday afternoons camping. Couple places I'm scoping out: The area down around the 2020 fire, North East Side of Hood, and the upper part of the wilderness area.

Bare in mind, I've only lived in Oregon a couple years and haven't really been out that way too much since I'm in the Beaverton area. So these may be basic common sense, but I guess my questions are this:

What am I looking at as far as other hunter pressure?
What can I expect as far as snowpack and weather (especially snow, etc as I'll probably head out through the gorge and then down, rather then through the mountains)
Is there anything in general I should be wary of, have in the back of my mind, etc?
I've heard Turkey's are on the decline, I've tried tracking down the biologist to make a phone call and no dice, but is there a good population of bears in the units in general? From what I researched, it seemed alright, nothing super spectacular, but not barren, just wondering if folks have seen em out and about?

Thanks!