Weather on your hunt?

taskswap

WKR
I hunt mostly in Colorado Rifle 1 which is famous for variable weather. And I've seen it all. Rain, snow, hail, and even freezing fog (nothing falling, but you can't see more than 50 yards and a frost rime accumulates on you as you hike). Temps all over the place, too. We had a year where it was -10 several days in a row, and the exact same season two years later it was in the mid-70's several days straight 40 overnight.

We don't decide what gear to bring. We bring it all. My truck bed usually looks like an outfiiter's parking lot sale.

OMB

WKR
Late July/early August in the NWT, flew into the field and it was 70 degrees and sunny. The next day was in the 60's but we were in and out of rain gear several times, and the day ended with a major thunderstorm with winds that substantially challenged the tents.

Rest of the trip was overnight lows in the high 30's/low 40's, highs in the 50's, mostly cloudy, scattered rain storms with the sun occasionally peaking out. The last 3 days in the field we were completely socked in with rain and fog and spent most of the time glassing when we could in rain gear. Once we got back to base camp on day 10, it was sunny and t-shirt weather again.

Basically, I saw every type of weather except for snow over 10 days, and wore everything from a t-shirt to rain gear to down puffy.

cbeard64

WKR
Last Sept we had the best 21 day stretch of weather in central BC anyone had seen in their lifetimes. (Lows in 30s/highs in 60s with some light snow a couple of days).

But it’s foolish not to be prepared for anything and everything (within reason of course). Thankfully that’s not too hard a task with today’s great gear.