Whats your Favorite early seaon elk gear

Boots and socks are the most important piece of gear you can put on your body. I wear Danners and darn toughs, but find the setup that works for you and break them in. Boot break in looks different to a everybody, if you want tips on what I do just ask. $25+ a pair for socks seems steep, but I take 3-4 pairs for a ten day hunt and don't have to worry about switching socks in the middle of the day or dealing with odors or anything of that nature. If I stop to glass I untie my boots and let them air out for a bit then I'm good to keep going. Cheap socks bunch up and lead to blisters.

ndfb35

FNG
I really like the Intercept pants from Sitka. I wore them until the snow flew this year and only changed to have a pant with a waterproof seat.

Earplugs (snoring buddies)
Small/travel size dish detergent
More butt wipes
Extra pants
Moleskin
6 Liter Water Bladder
Gravity filter instead of squeeze
Electrolyte Packets

Yep, I'm reading everyone of these type threads. Went to CO last year but truck camped. This year heading into back country. Need all insight I can get..

Wapiti1

WKR
I'll tell you to get a bigger pack than 5000 for a backpack hunt. I like my 6500 cube pack for a weekend or week in the back country. I can never get everything packed back into it as nice and neat the second, third or tenth time. Extra space is nice, IMO.

Other than that, the lists that you find on the sheep forum for gear are what you want.

Must have, for me, though is a big baggie of chocolate covered coffee beans. Not only a good energy boost, they are a nice little treat.

Jeremy

wyogoat

WKR
Unless I missed it being mentioned but I’m a big vest guy in September. A nice down vest can be the perfect little layer to cut the cold early in the day or a nice little pillow later for your nap.