Weatherby 307 feeding issues

drake2

FNG
ironworker378,

This entire thread above regarding feeding issues with the Weatherby 307 is specific to 7PRC caliber only because the PMAG® 5 AC L, Magnum – AICS Long Action magazine originally shipped with the rifle in 7PRC was for 300 Win Mag and Magpul does not list 7PRC as a specific caliber that will work with that magazine.

Due to the Magpul magazine design and the short and fat shape of the Hornady 7mm PRC 175gr ELD-X and 180gr ELD-M compared to 300 Win Mag is why there was an issue.

I have not seen anything at all regarding issues for any other caliber other than 7PRC for which the rifle is available.

khuber84

WKR
These mags are designed for belted magnum cases with more taper, so I'm not surprised you're getting nose divies. The feed lips aren't allowing the front the case to rise. My suggestion is to get an accurate 3rd single stage single feed magazine for rum/prc cases and tune the lips. Or take a dremel to feed lips to widen them on the magpul. Also worth a try, see if a hawkins 3rd hunter mag will latch into the bottom metal

Edit, just did some research, it shows on the WBY page, this rifle in 7prc should ship with a MDT steel mag. Apparently they know of the problem and found a solution. Reach out to Wby and they'll prob ship you a free mag.
Screenshot_20240115_184718_Chrome.jpg

rkyoder

FNG
These mags are designed for belted magnum cases with more taper, so I'm not surprised you're getting nose divies. The feed lips aren't allowing the front the case to rise. My suggestion is to get an accurate 3rd single stage single feed magazine for rum/prc cases and tune the lips. Or take a dremel to feed lips to widen them on the magpul. Also worth a try, see if a hawkins 3rd hunter mag will latch into the bottom metal

Edit, just did some research, it shows on the WBY page, this rifle in 7prc should ship with a MDT steel mag. Apparently they know of the problem and found a solution. Reach out to Wby and they'll prob ship you a free mag.
View attachment 657994
Mine came with a Magpul mag and I bought it a couple weeks ago.

Just saw these on Bass Pros website, and they list the same thing. The 7PRC only ships now with the MDT..... "Compatible with AICS magazines. Includes 1 Magpul® magazine. 7mm PRC ships with metal MDT magazine." So yes I would call if you havent, ya may get some free mags out of it.