Sold Weatherby Backcountry 2.0 Ti in 280AI

Status
Not open for further replies.

THellURider

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For sale is my Weatherby Custom Shop ordered Backcountry 2.0 Ti in 280 Ackley Improved.

It's extremely lightweight. You can see complete weights below with 2 different optic setups.

Proven to shoot sub-MOA with 160 gr Nosler Partitions. The gun has less than 80 rounds fired.

This rifle will come with numerous extras, including ammo.

Included items are:
  1. Factory thread-on brake
  2. Talley LW Rings
  3. EGW Picatinny Scope Base
  4. 2 complete boxes of Hornady ELD X 162gr (40 rounds)
  5. 17 rounds Nosler Trophy Grade 160gr Accubond
  6. A partial box of test rounds from Unknown Munitions (see attached pic)
  7. 42 rounds of something, I suspect ELD-X from Unknown Munitions
  8. 62 pieces of Brass
Optics and sling pictured are not included.

$2500 + shipping with the original box.

I have 100% feedback on 144 transactions on ARFCOM. Sold several scopes on here. Happy to jump on the phone with an interested buyer.

Weatherby Proof Targets:

A couple different setups:

Other Items:

Last edited:
OP
T

THellURider

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May I ask why you're selling it and what rifle you're using instead of it?
You certainly may.

I ordered this rifle coming off the high of my first Alaska adventure in 2022. This was before the big hit of the PRC line of chamberings. I don't reload so my ability to truly maximize the 280 AI is limited and factory loadings of 7PRC, for example, meet my needs better.

Also, while the rifle shoots very well and meets guarantees, rifles this light are not for everyone. Take that note together with my new found affinity for folding chassis rifles (I picked up a Sig Cross recently that I'm very much enjoying) and you see where this is heading.

I think something like the new Seekins folder in 7PRC is probably better for my use case than this rifle.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thats a pretty good reason. Its a fine rifle for sure, if extreme light weight is your desire. Practice with such rifles is pretty much mandatory if you want it to shoot to its ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.